PDA

View Full Version : AR Report 6/2/06

Jgoding
09-03-2006, 02:31 AM
Well, I was late meeting my dad and bro on the water at my usual haunt so I only got to fish about 10 minutes or so. I saw a few small fish working the first riffle I usually wade across w/o fishing and since time was short I decided to give it a go. I missed 3 strikes from some dinks in the secondary riffle I usually don't fish and them moved to the main run.

I swung my caddis and dropper through a few times and got short struck once. I finally got a good swing and brought up the fish. Ended up with a good fight from a scrappy 15" hatchery fish that jumped 3 times and went airborne about 5' on his first jump. I quickly unhooked the fish and he squirmed free after I admired him for a few secs...

Saw a salmon up stream as well and the mosquitos are getting worse too. I'm happy with the first 1/2er of the year but my goal is set on landing and taking a pic of an adult this year. Hopefully I'll remember my camera next time too...
Trying to attain my goal of landing a shad, striper, steelhead, and salmon on the fly this year on the American fishing around Goethe park only.

I've been happy with my dropper fly as it's now 2/2... I will post a pic later if I get the fly back from my oldman for a quick pic....and hopefully I have a few more in my flybox....

Jeff

Jgoding
09-03-2006, 02:34 AM
Oh yeah, I take Bill's advice and I keep all my stuff in my car. But I just one quick question... how does the heat affect my gear?? Does it affect my rod or fly line at all?? It gets pretty hot sometimes even in my trunk...