PDA

View Full Version : dry creek

charles
08-31-2006, 06:46 PM
Does anyone know the regs. for dry creek. I know they close it for the salmon run comming up. but I know nothing else. I am having trouble getting anything to load from the DFG site. I like to fish it, I just want to know I am within the regs. I fish up by roseville auction in a slower section and it is full of bluegill, sunfish, warmouths, and bass; great fun!
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks
Chalres

Sturmer White
09-01-2006, 01:32 AM
Charles
I belive that the creek down stream of the bridge below the auction is open all year.
Above that The stream opens the third weekend in May and I forget exactly when it closes but it is very soon now. There will be plenty of signs up as one of the police officers lives on the creek and helps post it.
Some day I would like to try it down by the park off of Elverta rd.
Good luck

peterkoistinen
09-01-2006, 11:41 AM
You are correct Sturmer, open season for Dry Creek and tributaries EAST of Atkinson St. bridge in Roseville is 4th Saturday in May through October 14th. So I guess that means WEST of Atkinson (downstream) is open all year.

Charles, where do you go in when you fish "up by Roseville Auction"?

I've seen the creek while playing golf at Cherry Island (Elverta Rd.) and it looks like nice water.

Feel free to call me or email.

Thanks,

Pete Koistinen
peterkoistinen@comcast.net
780-0925

charles
09-01-2006, 12:59 PM
I fish just above the roseville road bridge over the creek. It is a nice slow area. I have fished the creek downstream of the cherry island golf course but only cuaght small bass (less than 10 inches). There is a slower part of the creek right next to Rio Linda high school (Off Elkhorn Blvd.) that looks promising. BUt I really like the spot I found just above the rosville bridge. I have seen bass over the 16 inches, never caught though. I have been fishing with trout flies, and the bigger bass won't take those. If you do go bring hoppers, the grass surrounding the creek is full of hoppers. I like to fish a hopper and dropper rig. The hopper will take fish at least 1/3 rd of the time with the nymph the other 2/3rds. Caddis woks well, I went there the other night and there was a blanket of caddis hovering over water.
If anyone wants to, its fun.
IF you want a partner give me an email: charlestnt@comcast.net

Sturmer White
09-02-2006, 02:04 AM
Charles
Start throwing small gurglers,small hair bugs and small divers.
I think your size average will go up. Probaly fewer total fish though.
When the salmon come in the bass just vanish. David says they turn to pebbles and just lay on the bottom till the next year.

A Matthews
09-02-2006, 05:02 PM
Here I was thinking you guys were talking about Dry Creek in Sonoma.... :lol:

OregonSalmon
09-04-2006, 12:21 AM
Dry Creek...isn't that an oxymoron?

A Matthews
09-04-2006, 02:41 PM
You may not be able to fish a dry creek - well, if you did, it'd be a sign of some sort of problem - but you can always drink wine from the dry Dry Creek Valley...