PDA

View Full Version : Some Guys Catch All the Fish

chemdoc
08-30-2006, 11:46 PM
I was perusing the internet and came across a site called nymph-fishing.com. It is basically a multi-page sales pitch for the book "Some Guys Catch All the Fish", promising to revolutionize your success at nymphing. I am just curious to know if anyone has ever read this book or knows anything about it.

Phil

Jgoding
08-31-2006, 01:14 AM
It's been around for a few years. I think it preaches something to the effect of using a straight mono line for nymphing since you don't really need fly line to nymph effectively. I do not nymph fish so the book never really held any appeal for me.... Don't get me wrong, I will swing nymph patterns but I just don't have the skills or the feel to bounce nymphs on the bottom and my casting is bad enough without having split shot on the leader...

Flyjunkie
08-31-2006, 09:52 AM
I Think I have seen that Website as well... I felt like I was in an Infomercial and was looking around to see if Cher was gonna chime in on the Book... :P

It just came off to me as too Hyped and too Marketed.. The Information one gets is probably fine..but it would seem to me we've probably read it all before in Numerous Articles and a handful of Books...

I actually know No One who has bought that Book...

DEAN ~~ 8) 8)

Stairdog
09-02-2006, 06:41 PM
Actually, I have the program, and if your interested in catching fish then this program will work.
There is catch, and that is, it is not for the "Fly fishing is an ART form" type person.
The system is made up of three styles of nymphing, and all seem to make sense. Not very pretty, but effective.
The author spends alot of time stating the same information over and over again and some of it is over-simplified.
One of his systems does involve mono 6lb in gold color, and I have yet to try but I does seem to make sense, and I'm going to use it on my next trip.