PDA

View Full Version : New Scott X2S Saltwater Series Fly Rods

Hairstacker
08-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Hey guys, received my latest issue (Fall 2006) of American Angler magazine in the mail yesterday and happened to glance at the back cover and noticed a Scott ad announcing a new series of saltwater fly rods for 2007.

Designated the Scott X2S Saltwater Series, they come in 4-pieces for line weights 6 - 12. The 12 wt. also comes in a 2-piece configuration. Price is $575 for the 6 - 9 wts., $595 for the 10 - 12 wts.

The ad picture reveals what appears to be a gunmetal-colored uplocking aluminum real seat with cork/black foam-tipped fighting butt and an aqua blue-colored blank with white alignment dots for matching up sections. Thread wraps appear to be a matching blue color with 4 closely-spaced silver single-wrap accents in each wrap.

The picture reveals a nice looking rod in my opinion, and I will be curious to see where it fits in the Scott A2, E2, S3, S3S line-up of rod actions.

Jason Lozano
08-31-2006, 06:54 PM
Scott Fly Rods new series introduction for the 2007 season will be the X2s. It's avaible in four piece models 6wt-12wt with an additional 12wt in two pieces. The 12wt two piece model was included due to the increasingly high demand for less ferruled rods while fishing in the salt. The X2s 9012 2 piece landed over 100 tarpon, up to 160 plus lbs, this past tarpon season in Fl. A FISHING tool!

Some Scott Features for X2s:

-Natural finish UV coated blanks (blue tint) to preserve the outside power fibers for a high performance durable rod.

-Light tips for low swing weight and quick loading to help make short accurate cast.

-ARC reinforcement for high line speeds to help you go long and a more stable rod.

What is ARC?
ARC is a highly specialized ultra-lightweight unidirectional carbon pre preg (carbonfiber/resign). This helps the cross section of your rod to stay round in shape under strain. It really means that you rod is more durable while casting and fighting fish. Scott Fly Rods has been using ARC for 11 years. It's not new- and we were the first!

Models 6wt-9wt are $575
Models 10wt-12wt are $595

We designed X2s as a rod for multiple casting strokes. Beginners and experts will be able to enjoy the fishability of this great series. X2s will fall between S3 and S3s in terms of action. It's increadably light and easy to cast.

I hope everyones enjoying some fishing.

Best,
Jason Lozano
DBR Fly Products