PDA

View Full Version : Bluefin Trevally in Hawaii

Adam Grace
08-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Thanks to some great information provided by our good friend Don Memmer from Hawaii I will hopefully catch my first Bluefin Trevally during my soon approaching trip to Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. Don was nice enough to talk with me for over 40 minutes yesterday giving me some valuable information....Thanks again Don.

I was first introduced to these Trevally during my first trip to Hawaii last year snorkeling around Maui. My buddy knew how excited I was about getting a picture of one of these fish, so he took a ton of pictures trying to get a good shot of the skittish fish. On the last day he took this picture with a digital 4mp Canon camera and an underwater case.

http://www.whatsdigital.com/files/hawaii/8/day8_8.jpg

I love this picture.

Hopefully in about one week I will have a picture of one of these bad boys outside of the water. [-o<

k.hanley
08-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Adam your buddy took a beautiful pic. The lighting is perfect for showcasing the magical electric blue markings of this species. Best wishes on your BT adventure.
Cheers, Ken

Darian
08-29-2006, 02:40 PM
WOW!!! The colors on tropical, saltwater fish are just unbelievable :?: :?: :?: That photo could make a cover on a tropical fish magazine.... 8) 8)

PaulC
08-29-2006, 11:47 PM
Hey Adam,
Nice picture man! Those guys are definitely out there.
-Paul