PDA

View Full Version : HAIRY IDEA SWAP IS FINISHED!

SullyTM
08-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Consider this swap completed! Thanks to the Hairy 5 who waited until I got my s#@! together. Hopefully, you all will let me host again :D

I report to the salt mines tomorrow and will get the flies together and out.

Later. Thom

SullyTM
08-29-2006, 10:10 AM
David's fly are in hand. Very nice Divers David! As soon as the rest of the flies arrive, I'll mail them out. Thnaks.

Jgoding
08-29-2006, 12:56 PM
These are going out tomorrow. I tweaked the zoo a little by adding an extra wing of something over the marabou tail. I think it looks nice. Sorry for the pic... I tried resizing but no dice....

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e336/jgoding/Picture023.jpg

SullyTM
08-29-2006, 01:24 PM
Jeff...Lookin' good! Thanks for waiting! Thom

Jgoding
08-29-2006, 04:57 PM
Oh snap... it resized after all. I guess it just took a minute for photobucket to reset. I sized it at 25% of the original when it was originally at 50% and was way too big.

Jeff

SullyTM
09-01-2006, 10:53 AM
UPDATE...I have David's flies and Jeff's are on the way. Charlie G. Gregg and Nightgoat were part of the original swap and if you fellas are still going to try and tie something up send them when you can. I will send out flies as they come in...Again, I apologize for droppin' the bobbin' on this swap.

Later...

nightgoat
09-01-2006, 01:53 PM
Hey Guys,

My flies are done, just gotta get em in the mail. Things have been a bit crazy of late ](*,)

I should be able to get out today or tomorrow. Thanks for the patience. 8)

Charlie Gonzales
09-01-2006, 05:41 PM
yeah things have been very crazy lately. Currently my tying desk and matierials are hidden behind cabinets that I'm painting and trying to hang in my kitchen; where I'm also rewiring, sheetrocking, painting, tileing etc. But I hate beeing known as a flake so Im trying to do my best.

SullyTM
09-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Hey guys...I'm the one who took on the swapmeister role and then postponed it. CG...finish the remodel and if you have to put the flies on hold...no problemo. It's been a crazy summer for alot of us! Thanks everyone. Thom

Jgoding
09-05-2006, 12:13 PM
My flies are in the mail....sorry for the delay guys. I think they turned out well but I found that I suck at trimming hair..... Someone will have to show me how to use a razor....I just kind of pushed the hair around with mine for about 5 secs before I reached for my scissors again... :shock:

SullyTM
09-06-2006, 03:17 PM
nightgoat's flies have arrived. Very nice marabou muddlers Joe! The deer hair is nice and tight...What material did you use for the body?

Thanks for sticking this swap out.

Thom

nightgoat
09-07-2006, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the compliment. 8) The body is Olive Ice Dub over .030 Non-Lead wire for weight. Olive Marabou for the tail and wing. Spun olive deer hair for the head. They are pretty quick to tie, but not so quick to trim :mrgreen:

Charlie Gonzales
09-08-2006, 01:58 PM
hey thom flies are on their way. dont know to call them hoppers or poppers....they came out a bit large this time.

SullyTM
09-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Charlie...Lookin' forward to your flies. Christmas Time next weke for evryone. Thanks for hangin' in there. Thom