PDA

View Full Version : how do I post pictures on the message board?

Xnjb707X
08-19-2006, 03:11 PM
How do you post pictures in your messages? Can somebody help me out.

thanks -Nic

Lucky
08-19-2006, 03:37 PM
How do I Post Photos?

I'll take a quick and dirty shot at explaining how to post pictures. When time permits I will do a better job (hopefully) of explaining.
Its basically a 3 step process. I will explain each step below...

Step 1 - Get and save your pic to a file on your computer.
Step 2 - Edit your pic so it will fit on the page
Step 3 - Attach your pic to your post using the “Browse” button

Step 1 - Get and save your pic to a file on your computer.
You can “get” almost any digital image from a digital camera, scanner or from another source. The trick is saving the image on your computer where you will be able to find it again. To keep it simple I would just open and save the image you want to post to your Desktop by selecting “File, Save as, and selecting Desktop as your “Save in” location. Be sure to Save as a .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp or .png (i.e. Photo.jpg)

Step 2 - Edit your pic so it will fit on the page
Most Images taken with a digital camera or scanner are huge and will not fit in your post. They will need to be “resized” If you have a digital camera it probably came with some sort of photo editing software that will allow you to edit its size. Most folks these days at least have Microsoft Photo Editor in their Microsoft Office package installed on their computer.
Open your Photo editing software. Select File, Open and in the Look in: window click on Desktop. Then find and double-click on your image. Once your Image opens select Image, Resize and another window will pop up that allows you to change the size. Image size is generally measured in pixels or inches. The best posting size is no more than 600 pixels or 4 inches wide. Once you have edited your pic save it again and your ready for Step 3

Step 3 - Attach your pic to your post using the “Browse” button
Open up the message board and login if needed. Open a New Topic or Post Reply. Type in your message and then scroll to the bottom of the posting area. Click on the “Browse” button. Look in your Desktop folder and double-click on your image file. Post your reply.

Hope that helps for now…

Ed Wahl
08-19-2006, 04:19 PM
There's a couple of instructions at the top of the general fly fishing section. At one time or another we've all been stumped by that.

Adam Grace
08-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Go to the General reports page and look at the "sticky" announcement post about 3 lines down from the top, or click on this link:

http://kiene.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=1424

Ed Wahl
08-19-2006, 11:36 PM
Hey Adam, getting any fishing in?

Adam Grace
08-19-2006, 11:55 PM
I just got back from fishing my private lake right now. I caught a few but they made me work for them. The only thing that worked was the black ninja. I had one fish break me off like nothing, I was using 3x fluorocarbon tippet. The lose of my fly was very weird, with a quick kinda pop it came off while I was stripping it in, I didn't really feel anything like a hard grab, very strange.

This season has not been nearly as good as the last, but I've had fun.