PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for cool spots for combo trip, or how to sneak

LVC
08-15-2006, 10:19 PM
sneak in some fishing whilst hanging with the girlfriend. Girl wants to swim, 17 year old dog wants to eat, Old dog (me) wants to fish. I haven't wet a line for months. I need a grab ! I can't really do a hard core fishing thing, I have to do the hang out thing with the girl thing, at least for most of the time. Hey don't get me wrong, that is great but I do need to fish. Maybe a couple of hours in the morn, some in the eve.
I am thinking of the Trin, or Rogue, or Klamath. Klamath is not very good for swimming but there are creeks around. Old dog,(canine version ) can't do much hiking. She wants a spot on the water. (That works for me ) We are looking to go around 2nd to 3rd week of September. Very conviently there are these silvery bullet shaped things swimming up the river about that time. Anyone know of any cabins for rent or private primitive spots to camp. Campgrounds are to crowded. We don't need any thing fancy. Location is the most important thing.
Thanks,
Link

shawn kempkes
08-16-2006, 12:09 AM
link

you have gotten soft in youre old age. There are cabins on the trinity
near del loma. There should be some fish around by then. There is also a good beach right there. If you want to camp try aikens creek on the klamath, that way you could sneek out to fish the klamath or trinity. There is a decent beach right there to. I will be up near there around the 10th of sept. There are some campgrounds on the upper klamath above somes bar that you can stay at in september and no one will be around during the week. I have stayed a marble mountain lodge kind of spendy but nice.

LVC
08-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Soft no, mellowed at bit , perhaps, richer, unfortunately not, so no lodge.
Thanks Shawn, lets hook up this year and wet a line.
Link

Shawn M.
08-17-2006, 11:58 AM
I think the best option would be to send the girlfriend to the spa for the day which in turn would free you to any fishing situaition you want. Then you can meet for dinner and shes in a good mood and best of all so are you!! good luck.