PDA

View Full Version : Help Wanted !

Chris Gearhart
08-13-2006, 05:10 PM
I am absolutely bummed about the shuttle situation on the Yuba. I am looking for people who are interested in helping me with shuttles. I usually try to fish the Yuba at least 2-3 times a month. I fish alot of Fridays and some Saturdays. I am not necessarily suggesting we fish together, although most times that would be ok with me. We could just as easily each bring our own boats. I live in the San Jose area and it just costs too much to bring two vehicles that far.

Also if you are lucky enough to be retired or semi retired and dont really care about fishing but want to make a couple of bucks I would be glad to pay for a shuttle. This is a good opportunity for the right person or local shop.

If you are interested please email me or call,

Thanks, Chris Ph. 650 400-3738
Email gearhart5@comcast.net

Rob
08-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Sycamore Ranch on the Yuba river have people who will shuttle your car up to the bridge so you can drift back to the RV /campground.

http://www.campingfriend.com/SycamoreRanchRVParkandCG/?source=ctpa&strExchange=

Chris Gearhart
08-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Rob, thanks for the reply. I had used Sycamore for several years,however they are no longer doing shuttles. They say its because they are shorthanded and if they can hire more people they could resume doing shuttles. Some how I kind of doubt it,but I am hopeful.

If you ever want to help shuttle let me know. I hope to fish it on 8/26,after that I am done until mid Sept.

Chris

Tony Buzolich
08-14-2006, 12:00 AM
Chris,

How would the shuttle work? Sycamore used to have your extra keys and then take somebody up to Parks Bar with them and then both people would drive back to Sycamore, one with your vehicle.

It really requires a minimum of three people doing it this way unless you have somebody with you that wants to fish.

Sycamore used to charge $15 to pick up your truck and bring it back to their takeout. That really was a deal.

If you pulled two people off any job for almost an hours time, it would cost a lot more than $15.

I live and work in Yuba City but I don't know of anyone willing to drive that far for a few bucks.

It's probably best to keep contacting someone who lives around the Sycamore area.

Coordinating shuttles is always a pain.
TONY

Rob
08-14-2006, 12:24 AM
Man too bad they they no longer do that. :( :(

Chris Gearhart
08-14-2006, 08:11 PM
Tony,
You are correct. The way Sycamore did it it required two people and you are also correct that at $15 it was a steal (I pay $25 most places). How about the way Joe does it on the American. If you meet at the take out and he gets in your vehicle and drives to the put in with you then drives back to the take out and his own vehicle. Now were down to one person and as far as cost I cant speak for everyone but $30 is still a better deal than a tank and a half of gas!!!!

Just a thought,

Chris

bigtj
08-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Have you considered just using a bike to do your shuttle? It's a short trip a bit steep in parts but will keep you in shape and a pleasent ride except in the summer (too hot!). When I use my bike I just spot my rig down at the takeout and ride back up to the put-in, do my float, and when I'm done just pick up my bike. 99 times out of 100 I can hide it and lock it to a tree and I never have any problems. I haven't done this on the Yuba but something to consider and it would be perfect for the Feather where it is flat.

As far as taking a tank and a half of gas to run a shuttle, what are you driving a hummer? That's a lot of gas for a shuttle.

Chris Gearhart
08-15-2006, 08:17 PM
bigtj,

Great thought about using a bike. As far as the tank and a half of gas I was refering to the amount of fuel I use getting to the river. In other words even if the shuttle cost $30 it would still be cheaper than the gas for a second vehicle from the bay area.

Chris

bigtj
08-16-2006, 04:08 PM
That makes sense. Yeah $30 is way cheaper. Good luck.

I guess one way to look at it...without a regular shuttle the floating pressure will be even lower for those who can get a shuttle figured out.

mark m
08-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Hey,
How much would a taxi charge?

Mark M