PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Leader System

Leo
08-10-2006, 12:23 PM
I've watched in amazement the number of hits on this subject grow from 120 in the begnning to over 1100 to date. There is no way that I can make 1100 samples to mail out to those of you that are interested in this system, but I have 50 made up and will try to keep up. Just email me your address and I will send you a sample and instructions on how to make them.
Leo

Darian
08-10-2006, 03:58 PM
I sure do agree with Carl on this. It's starting to take on monster proportions.... 8) 8) 8)

Leo
08-10-2006, 11:32 PM
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the offer but it is really not necessary. I'm really tickled pink that I'm able to share my ideas with you. The system is almost five years in the making and is still being improved. With your input, a better knot to finish the leader, or even a better knot for the bite will benefit everyone. Personally, I think the "no name" or Bristol knot for the bite is pretty hard to beat because it is quick and very easy to tie.
Just for your information don't use expensive stuff to learn how to make the leaders. I use Shakespear 20lb mono from WalMart at $2.59 a spool. It tests out on Kienes knot machine right around 23 to 26 lbs. If you are concerned about breaking a 30lb test fly line then just put on a short Bimini. Ask for a sample and I will include it in your package.
Leo

lee s.
08-11-2006, 04:38 PM
Leo,
I would much rather sit and watch you at the shows! 8) And we're very glad that is an option! Been using your leaders more and more. :wink:
....lee s.