PDA

View Full Version : Having the Boys over for tying .....

David Lee
08-10-2006, 09:23 AM
Lots of fun last night !!

Had Chris V. and Nightgoat over at my place for a bit of tying - it went great despite a rash of thread-breaking (all of us managed to pop thread at critical moments ....) .

We tyed Deceivers , Woolhead minnows , Hair bugs , and Nightgoat slammed out a pile of Muddlers . Chris demoed a Mighty Mayfly in size #18 ( :shock: :shock: :shock: ) and I did a Bucktail Deceiver on a 4/0 hook (all 7 inches worth ....) .

Enjoyed Pizza , Icy Beers , and many giggles and storys ...... Thanks for coming , Nightgoat and Chris !!!

David :D :D

nightgoat
08-10-2006, 10:42 AM
Thanks for hosting ! A great time was had, beers were consumed, and much was learned (at least by me :D ) . I still suspect Chris sabotaged my thread when I wasn't looking :lol: I look forward to doing it again 8)

Chris V
08-10-2006, 12:59 PM
I second the thanks for hosting- David. Also the pizza was tasty.

Those wool head bugs are really cool- can't wait to fish them. I really apprecaite the lesson and feel like I learned a couple of new techniques. :D

Try fishing that mighty may below an indicator or as your high sticking as your second fly- I've caught plenty of sizable fish on that tiny pattern. Although with the 8/0 thread and turkey wing- it's not the most durable bug. Let me know if it works for you and I'll tie you a few more.

Chris V.

Flyjunkie
08-11-2006, 09:27 AM
I missed out on a Fun Evening...Tying Flies, Eating Pizza, drinking a brew or two... Sounds like a Great Time!!!! :D :D

DEAN ~ 8) 8)