PDA

View Full Version : Crowley lake info

Pimpinmeat
08-09-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm making a bonzai run up there this Sat and wanted to get some up to date info. If you have any that would be greatly appreciated.

Darian
08-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Not sure what "....up there...." includes. This is th hot time of the year up here (Central, Northern Valley) Trout fishing is either up high, at Putah Creek or one of the valley rivers that still have cool water temps (like the Yuba River). Black Bass is good in the Delta early/late. Stripers are a slow unless you have a knowledgable guide. Salmon fishin' is in the early stages. You're at the end of the Shad run. Catfishin' is probably great at night.

Get yourself a map, pick a spot and fish.... Good luck. :) :) :)

Pimpinmeat
08-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Everywhere is up for me since I live in So Cal. I'm trying to find out about Crowley Lake, hows the algea, the wind, that kind of stuff. I need a fix and my options are to run up the American, the eastern sierras, or go paddy hopping for yellows and dodo's. Eastern sierras is my first choice but all reports I've come across aren't up to date. Just trying to narrow down my choices with some research to have a more successful trip.

Darian
08-10-2006, 12:44 AM
Hey,.... Sorry for the misdirection.... Had a senior moment there.

SLOfish
08-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Was up there a week and a half ago. All the crowds were in McGee and Hilton due to the reports. I went to Whiskey and did great. grey emerger midges worked well, also black with red rib midges. Couple of grabs on 16 hares ear hung above the midge. algae is gone for the most part, at least in Whiskey bay. Perch fry were out and about, but I did not strip anything, actions was too good heavin and leavin! Hope this helps.

Pimpinmeat
08-11-2006, 05:58 PM
I tied some great midge patterns for Crowley. Basic black base wrap, then I wrap over that with Pearl Flashabou and add a silver rib, with a black bead. This fly out fished the grey and crystal ghillies I picked at the store there 5 to 1. I'm curious to know if it was fluke or not. I guess we'll see this weekend. Thanks for report.