PDA

View Full Version : Tidewater springers

OregonSalmon
08-03-2006, 03:26 PM
The Nestucca is ripe with springers in the tidewater. Well, you can't walk across the river on them but they are there. Soon the fall chinook will mix with them. The elk will be yelping for sex and the chantrelles will find the light of day. If my neighbor will drop dead on the stairs it will be a good autumn. I do go to those pesky top ten list of Commandments and I have boiled the "love thy neighbor" to "don't kill thy neighbor with a clam shovel". Keeps me out of jail and hell.
Could be a good run of fall fish this year on the coastal rivers in Oregon so boys make your vise your vice, your car your friend, and head north!!! I've been boots on the ground for awhile up yonder and can at the very least point your nose in the right direction.

Charlie Gonzales
08-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Lets see here.... a little fall run lax on top of a yukon gold potato chip with creme fraiche and minced chives; elk filet with a chanterelle demi, gorganzola mashed taters and a nice bottle of red. For dessert one of Oregons finest Muscats..... damn fine evening. Dont worry you dont have to invite the neighbor.

OregonSalmon
08-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Charlie,
Sounds like you have cooked a think or two in your life. I'm a pretty good cook but I'm going to you for cooking advice. Think salmon ideas. Could be a good fall run on the coast. The local knowledge says the Columbia and the coastal streams are reverse barometers and the Columbia run was poor. I'll do the slayin' if you do the filletin'!!! Why whenever I say the word "slay" I think of the neighbor?