PDA

View Full Version : Cork loose on my rod.

Anne Vitale
08-02-2006, 12:31 PM
I used my Sage DS2 8wt the other day while fishing with KD on the Delta and noticed that I have developed a very irritaing, slight rotational play in the cork handle above the reel. It is only about 1/16th of an inch of play and the cork segments move as a unit. I was wondering if anyone out there has had this problem before and knows of a quick fix for this, short of sending it back to the factory? Any thoughts?

Darian
08-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Anne,.... If this rod is under warranty, I would return (rather than repair) it. 8) 8) The manufacturer may want to know about defects in the materials/process and returning it will help. 8) 8)

Repairing it will require removing/replacing any windings, winding check and hook retainer ring after re-gluing the grip to the rod blank.... :? :? If a manufactured rod, the epoxy over the windings must be removed without damaging the blank before proceeding. Not worth the trouble..... 8) 8)

Hairstacker
08-02-2006, 03:51 PM
I agree with Darian, I would return the rod if it's under warranty. Messing with it could void your warranty.

lee s.
08-02-2006, 05:02 PM
If it ain't under warranty, bring it by next time we fish. We'll fix'er. :wink: