PDA

View Full Version : Damn the clams!!!!....time for some salmon

OregonSalmon
07-28-2006, 08:21 PM
The powers that be took away clam season the reet' bhastards!!! Just when I was hitting my stride. So on the north coast of Oregon it is time to tie and wait a few weeks for those pesky chinook to stroll into town. Heard reports of silvers in the river chasing the three mile long school of anchovy that have taken over the Necanicum. Soon we will have the fattest gulls on the west coast. The birds are out there in force screeching from overeathing. Soon the crabs will be full and all will be well. Chantrelles soon to be popping up and the elk with be having their way with other.
I live in a horrible spot.

Darian
07-28-2006, 10:48 PM
Hi Galen,.... You sure do live in a horrible spot.... :( :lol: :lol: What type of clams you been gettin' :?: :?: Were you able to locate any Morels this spring :?: :?: Is Crab season closed up there, too :?: :?:

Was it hot up there :?: :?: It's been record hot here. I'm about ready to pack this place in and head over to the coast. 8) 8) 8)

David Lee
07-28-2006, 11:21 PM
'Bout freakin' time you showed ......

Any Harvest Trout there this time of year ?? Where exactly are ya at now ????

David :D

OregonSalmon
07-29-2006, 07:06 PM
My new address is Seaside Oregon, a town about 15 miles south of the mouth of the mighty Columbia. Crabbing is open year round and I have plenty of bait, the best, clam guts and clams. Got lazy a few days and just tossed them in the freezer. If my freakin' neighbor doesn't behave her head is going in the freezer too!!!
I don't think there are many morels here but plenty of chantrelles. Know of some great picking spots my incarceration in the hills and too much time on my hands has made me an expert on spotting the structure they like: hemlock and elk leavings. No spruce, Doug Fir or ferns. In the last year I have learned a few things: chantrelle hunting, clamming and how not to love thy neighbor!!! I apologize to Jesus on the last one.
Mid September is a heck of time here: chantrelles and salmon. Plus the weather is trustworthy. The rivers to fish are the Nestucca and Little Nestucca in tidewater. Poor fish....fours years of avoiding everything just to procreate and we knock them in the head. I should take that attitude not on the backs of a noble creature but across the hall to the neighbor!!!
Don't worry fellas, I won't knock her off but some salmon I have in my sights!!! Take care.