PDA

View Full Version : Ever Seen This Happen

jonnysuperfly
07-28-2006, 09:53 AM
I Have Never seen this Happen before! Monster pike comes out of nowhere and Eats Bass of anglers Line! have you ever had this happen to you?
http://www.fishfever.com/node/25

Adam Grace
07-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Nope, cool video

bigtj
07-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Yes I have. Was fishing the San Joaquin near devils postpile. Had an 8" rainbow on with a pt nymph. Out of nowhere a 5+ lb brown came and grabbed the rainbow. It held on to the rainbow for a while but Icouldn't quite net that brown before it got away. Ended up losing both fish. Pretty exciting though. That was a while ago, 1987, don't know if those big browns are still around up there.

Anne Vitale
07-28-2006, 03:48 PM
Yes...I actually provoke that sort of thing from time to time on one of the ranch ponds I fish :twisted: . I start with a small Bluegill popper. It only takes a moment or two for a BG to hit it. Then I over play the BG until a largemouth decides it can't stand the fuss the BG is making any longer and hits the BG. The bass rarely gets hooked and so the fight never ends with a bass to hand. However, I am always amazed at how long the bass hang on to their "prize" before letting go of it.

Rob
07-29-2006, 04:00 PM
How about a monster Striper eats your Shad just as you start to land it!!!! :

It happened to Jason at the Log hole on the American River.
About a 30lb+ Striper ripped Jason's Shad right of his line as he tried landed it.
You shoud have seen him (Jason )jump clear out of the water.

lee s.
07-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Never! You sure that ain't some kinda trick photography or photo shop stuff? :wink:
But to get it on tape....that IS real neat. :)
....lee s.

Sturmer White
07-31-2006, 01:14 AM
Large bass do this all the time on bass ponds. Just take a kid fishing for blue gill. When they take too long to get them in, a bass will take them quit offten.