PDA

View Full Version : Dark lake/meadow stream report

TaylerW
07-20-2006, 11:27 PM
heres a brief but concise report,
wente to dark lake, wrights lake, and meadow stream, started out at dark lake, caught a 10 inch feisty brown on a super damsel, the first and last fish of the day. Tubed for about another houe and nada, so i headed back to meadow stream. Got several strikes on a size 18 sloans plaralyzer(blue) but the hook didnt stick. Had more refusals than i could count, so i headed about 300 ft to wrights lake, was in the water for about 30 min, but it was too warm, so headed back to dark lake and that was about 11:00. Met a man the by the name of dave angelo, who saw my "Kiene's" hat and said he was a friend of bills, so we hit it off and fished near eachother. We fished till about 3:00 and he got 2 hookups, and one to hand, and again, i got nada. To cap the day off i went back to meadow stream and got even more refusals.then we headed home. Beautiful day, well worth the 1 1/2 hour drive. The only bad thing about the day is the brand new line i just got with my new set up, a 5 weight gpx floater, did the exact opposite, the front 3 feet sank!

Good Luck,
Tayler Wells

Hairstacker
07-21-2006, 12:17 AM
Tayler, thanks for the report! Sounds like it was a tough day but at least you got one and had some other action to boot. Maybe it's just me but, for me, there's just a HUGE difference between catching one and catching none, ha.

TaylerW
07-21-2006, 12:21 AM
yeah, there is a big difference, it was really cool to catch my first flyrod trout, on a brand new rod.