PDA

View Full Version : Mokelumne River

usetheforce
07-18-2006, 10:33 AM
Has anyone fished the Mokelumne River at Electra road near Jackson? Any info/help would be great. I am thinking about going up there this week after work in the evening. Thanks.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-18-2006, 11:30 AM
You might check with Bob at Sierra Angler in Modesto.

700 Mchenry Ave # D
Modesto, CA 95350
(209) 572-2212

http://www.sierraanglersflyshop.com/

FoothillFlyFisher
07-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Usetheforce,

I fished that part of the river along Electra Rd. last night... Completely uneventful.... (From 5:30 P.M. till Dark) Above the Hwy 49 bridge to the power house.

Very little bug activity above the water, and could'nt find any subsurface critters...

Water temps around 57. Water was flowing pretty good, to high for affective fishing of any type unless you attach a boat ancher to you line!

Fished dry's, streamer's, nymphs. Along the edges of the current, and the banks, some of the faster water leading into and out to slower water and riffles. Nothing, didn't even see any fish, or fish rising at any point. Caught 0 fish, and had 0 strikes...

P.G.& E. has the water flowing pretty good out of the power plant. The water above the plant looked alot better. I've never fished above the power house, don't know how to gain access to it. At the end of the road they have everything pretty well gated up. ( any suggestions? ) I've never had much luck on this part of the river, have had much better success on some of the upper streches, and lower parts.

All and all it wasn't a wasted trip being so close to home. And, a wonderful way to spend the evening with my son, not to a bad way to cool down from the heat we've been having in the foothills.

If anyone else out there has fished this section of the river with success, I'd love to hear about it, if you don't want to go public with your info. than you can alway's PM me... Hope this helps Force, let me know it you fish this part of the river much, maybe we can hook up some time and give it a try...

Shawn M.
07-21-2006, 01:30 PM
Fished the mokelumne along electra road yesterday the 20th from 10am till 2pm. Landed a little brown about 10" on a caddis nymph and then landed a 16" rainbow on a dry attractor pattern.