PDA

View Full Version : Striper or Steelhead?

BillPu
07-17-2006, 11:13 PM
I just found out I have a free pass from the boss tomorrow from about 10AM to 5 PM. Should I go for stripers or half pounders on the AR?

For those that have been wading, is it warm enough to go without waders?

Thanks.

Bill

Jgoding
07-18-2006, 01:04 AM
good luck fishing those hours..... don't take that the wrong way but it's going to be a hot one......... I don't even bother to get there til after 7pm these days...

Jeff

BillPu
07-18-2006, 01:24 AM
Yeah, I have to take it when I can. Getting away with a 4 year old and a 1 year old at home is awfully hard. So I figure, at the very least, I'm practicing my casting. :D

Jgoding
07-18-2006, 11:21 AM
LoL Billpu, you made me laugh, your comment was both funny and applies to most of the time I spend on the water....LOL, hence my little signature which people get a kick out of but hey, it's true.....

I'm going to try to make it out this evening but it's a busy work day at my other job so I probably will not be able to go but good luck to ya.

Jeff

Jgoding
07-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Hey BillPU,

How'd you do? Did you go for Steelies or stripes? I think I'm switching to steelies soon.... got the steel fever already...

Jeff

BillPu
07-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Hey Jeff,

My "pass" was shortened. :cry: I think it's payback for my 11 hour striper trip with Andy. Like it was all my fault or something. I mean the gate keeper was 3 hours late!! And good ol Andy didn't want to cut the trip short so we had to fish till 4:30 PM. :roll:

So I went out to the local pond instead and took my frustrations out on those naughty bass. Of course I used my 1/2 ounce spinner bait and bait casting gear to land 7 bass from 2-4 pounds. Didn't feel like dredging the pond with fly gear. I think it really is a cathartic experience to fling that heavy bait out and wind it back. Takes all the tension away from the lengthened "honey do" list.

I'm set for steelies. Andy set me up with some killer patterns and I can't wait to try them. Let me know when you're out there and I'll try to donate a kidney or something to get out. Andy did point out a sweet spot for steelies. :D

Bill

Jgoding
07-20-2006, 02:09 AM
Good job with bass. I prefer gear for bass as well... Sure, I'd love to hook up later in the fall for steelies. I hit the river this evening, now I don't think it was steelhead taking caddis... I think they were schooly stripes...

Jeff