PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fished Hat Creek or Fall River recently?

Adam Grace
07-15-2006, 02:26 AM
Gregg and I will be fishing Fall River on Wednesday and the early morning on Hat Creek on Thursday after fishing the Pit River on Tuesday.

Does anyone have some recent reports?

Terry Thomas
07-15-2006, 12:00 PM
Hi Adam,
Fished Hat and Fall last week. Pretty standard stuff for this time of the year. We didn't do much on the fast water section of Hat. It looks so beautiful down there that is certainly a pleasure to just be on the river. Powerhouse down to Carbon has a spinner fall in the morning. Some fish working the flats. I don't fish the riffle, but LOTS of people do. Fall, my favorite place to fish, anywhere. A little on the tough side this time of the year. Not sure where you and Greg will be fishing. The three sections of the river all fish a little different. We had an outstanding calibaetis spinner fall last Thursday about mid morning (lower river.) My friend went back two days later and nothing was going on. If you put your time in you can do well. We found that we did best by switching to several patterns. We could catch a fish or two on one pattern and then we had to try something else...catch a couple then try again. Still some Hex coming off, but fewer each day. Weeds drifting down the river make swinging and indo. fishing a challenge. Good luck...have a great trip.
Terry

Adam Grace
07-15-2006, 12:21 PM
Thanks Terry.