PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Flies and Trays

Tony Buzolich
07-13-2006, 11:56 PM
For the last couple of days I've been working on covering the flies in our case with plexiglass to keep the dirt and dust out.

The next problem was how to get rid of the dirt and dust that has already accumulated in each compartment of each tray.

Well, my boss says maybe we can blow it out using an air compressor and covering each tray with some window screen. :?

So we take each tray into the back room, fired up the air compressor, and take an old piece of screen from a crayfish tray and cover the flies tightly. Whoooosh! with the air, and about twelve dozen flies and their compartments look like new again in a couple of seconds.

Now maybe this doesn't sound like a big deal unless you own a fly shop, but I'm sure a lot of us out there have bunch's of flies that just don't seem to get put away like they should. These flies lay around gathering dust and start looking a little sad.

Let me tell you, that blast of air was like tossing those flies in a mini clothes drier. They came out looking like new and every spect of dirt was gone. We cleaned over 600 patterns in just a few minutes. :P
TONY

Flyjunkie
07-14-2006, 10:30 AM
TONY,

I use one of those Air Cylinders for cleaning your Electronics/Computers.. the aerosol cans.

That really straightens up and Cleans our Fly cases here at the Shop...

I haven't gone "Major League" yet with the Air Compressor, but with a screen over it, as you mention, it oughta work Perfect...

Thanks for the Idea.. gotta try it soon around here.....

DEAN........ 8) 8)