PDA

View Full Version : Lifetime License

Wednesday Caster
07-13-2006, 03:50 PM
How many of you have fronted this $$$ for the lifetime license?
Turning 40 this winter and getting ready to move to Gardnerville, NV
which is a short cast to many CA waters. It seems to make sense to
plop it down now instead of punching out $94 for an out of state for
the next 60 years of my life. Do you see any negatives?

flygolf
07-13-2006, 10:27 PM
I wrestle with that every year. If I knew I were moving to a different state (especially one so close) I think I would front it at as the payoff would be much shorter. I say do it!

lee s.
07-14-2006, 12:26 AM
We done it several years ago. Even THEY (LTL) have gone up since, sweetening the pot more. It SURE is handy to have your license arrive in the mail AUTOMATICALLY.....REAL handy for this old EYEtalian, if'n ya know what I mean. :wink: Only wish we had done it sooner. ](*,)
....lee s.

Dustin Revel
07-14-2006, 12:46 AM
i've been wanting to do that for a few years i had to get a license for the first time this year, and i know it will definately pay off.
Dusty

Adam Grace
07-14-2006, 03:23 AM
I would love to if I had a spare $600 :lol:

Wednesday Caster
07-17-2006, 03:23 PM
That's right they ship it to you too. No more driving around 10pm the night before the first scheduled outing (thinking about having to wake up at 3am). That's probably worth the $600 bucks alone.

Adam,
I recall you are still in college. I remember those days well- many hard boiled egg sandwiches. To cover the cost of that lifetime license deal, I have relinquished: '05 Christmas, anniversary, birthday, father's day, and '06 Christmas gifts. Same egg sandwiches except now I can get them fried with the extra money I earn with my college degree. :D

Mike O
07-18-2006, 12:46 PM
When my parents got me the LT Hunting, I looked it up and DFG says it pays for itself in 14 yrs.

Also, if you are going to front the $$, think about buying the extra priviledges as well. For add'l $261 you get:

The Additional Sport Fishing Privileges include the privileges afforded to some one who purchased a second-rod stamp, ocean enhancement stamp, bay-delta sport fishing enhancement stamp, salmon punch card, and steelhead report card.
From http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/lifetime/lifetime.html

if you are already shelling out the big bux, what's a little more? This way you can fish all over, for almost anything (still have to buy the abalone stamp, tho *dangit*)

I am thinking about buying one for my kid before he turns 9.