PDA

View Full Version : Bass-O-Rama 'recon mission' today.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-12-2006, 06:36 AM
Darian, David Lee and I are headed down to Lundberg Landing on Bethel Island in the Delta today to do a 'recon mission' for our Kiene's BB bass outting on July 22, Saturday.

Also, we can forewarn those nice people down there.

Some will be overnighting down there so they can get an early start.

You need a boat, kayak or canoe to get around. I am sure some will be looking for a partner if they have a larger boat.

lee s.
07-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Will be in Canada those days. \:D/ Surely would have liked to have been able to join ya'all. :cry: Could put one more in our plastic vessel. Oh well.....next year. :wink:
We WILL be looking for a report. Gonna go pester KD Sat/29th. :roll:
.....lee s.

David Lee
07-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Oh , my ...... what a fun day !!

Nothing quite like having three dudes on the same level in a conversation ...... I think we covered just about every subject .

The high point was ...... having a boat w/ :shock: FOUR DELTA GODDESSES =D> pull up in front of us while we were having lunch . Lovely day , lovely company , lovely view , lovely etc ............

Thanks for the ride/chat , Bill ..... and thanks for the flies , Darian - what time are we going back tomorrow ?????????

David :D :D :D :D :D

mikenewman
07-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Hope Darian didn't bring his pickled eggs :-(

Hairstacker
07-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Well, what'd you guys find out? :)

Darian
07-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Welllllllll,..... It was a fun trip. I haven't scouted that much territory in one day for some time. Good conversation and Bill and I succeeded in ambarassing David at least once.

Working around ogling the amply endowed young ladies in bikini's :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: and eating at Sugar Barge, we covered four marina's on Bethel Island.

The first was Lundborg's. Cater's to the older more sedate crowd (translation: serious fisherman). Has a bar/restaurant. Didn't eat there. So, can't offer an opinion about the food. Nice place, bathrooms were clean, the people were friendly/helpful, beer was cool/refreshing. Piper Slough looks good for Black Bass/Crappie/Sunnies. Abandoned docks nearby for some shady fishing. Didn't see any boat rentals. Campsites look good, area was maintained and shade is available. $8.00 to use the launch ramp for trailered boats. 8) 8) Parking is limited. Also, A very brazen Coyote was working some Goats in broad daylight in the field next to Lundborg's :shock: :shock:

Next up was Sugar Barge and the young ladies. :D :D This is an upscale operation with a bar/restaurant that caters to a younger/rowdy crowd. The food is quite good/more expensive. The people are friendly but somewhat "busy". Didn't see any boat rentals available. $10.00 to use launch for trailered boats. Good docking facility. Easily accessed from Piper Slough. 8) 8) 8) No fishing or access from the bank or adjacent docks. :( :( Lotsa parking nearby. Lotsa water skiers/wake boarders/jet ski's on weekends (I betcha) :? :? Altho campsites are available, there weren't very many tents pitched (not sure what that means). :? :?

Next was Russo's. Has a bait/tackle shop (no fly equip't./supplies). Has great parking/launch ramp. $10.00 to launch trailered boats. Didn't look a the restaurant/bar but there was one. Very fishy looking water right in front of the place and in each direction. This is a serious Black Bass fisherman's place. There is a grassy/shaded picnicking area nearby. Almost everything else is paved over. No comment on people but they appear to be friendly. 8) 8) 8) I wouldn't hesitate to launch/fish here. 8) 8)

Tried Frank's Marina.... Found it to be an abandoned area in major disrepair (in spite of the fact that they had a new sign up on the road). :? :? :( :(

Final stopping place was Bethel Harbor. Another operation set up for the older more sedate crowd. Didn't notice any bar/restaurant here but there may be one. Very modern launch facility for wealthy customers. You can call the owners to provide service/storage/launching of boats on a very modern, mechanical launch machine. Water was very fishable nearby with access to Little Frank's Tract, etc. Area was grassy/spotless. No boat rentals evident. Didn't appear to offer camping. Altho a nice place, we didn't spend a lot of time here. 8) 8) 8) 8)

This is a very brief summary, I know. :? If I've left out anything major, maybe one of the other guys can add to the info. 8) 8)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-12-2006, 10:51 PM
The owners of 'rustic' Lundborg Landing are very friendly and are excited about our fish-out on July 22, Saturday.

David Lee will be reserving a shady camping spot for himself at Lundberg for the night of the 21, Friday. $16/night for a tent sight.

Anyone coming to the fish-out might consider camping there Friday night so you can get a good start in the morning around 5am when it is just getting light. I think you can pitch a tent or just sleep in the back of your pickup or SUV.

We will have a barbeque at around noon so bring you own food.

Lundborg Landing has it's own web site:

http://www.lundborglanding.com/

http://www.lundborglanding.com/pics/t_landingsm.jpg

KD
07-13-2006, 04:22 PM
I can be there to do a demo around 10-11:30 am. This will be on the water and everyone can raft up around my boat for this. We can do this in Piper Sl. somewhere. This should allow everyone some time to do some early fishing prior and get back to Lundborg where we will meet. I could also do 2-3 shifts with 5 people on my vessel if that would be easier(20-30minute session).I'll leave that up to you guys. :idea: :?:

We can finish up around lunchtime as the water will start to be impacted by bikinis :shock: around that time.

This would be my prefered time to meet as I am guiding late friday eve.

If this does not fit the agenda let me know.

KD

Darian
07-14-2006, 05:54 PM
OK guys'.... KD's offer to impart his knowledge is well worth the trip down there (not to mention the Bikini's :shock: :shock: :shock:). 8) 8)