PDA

View Full Version : Trinity Report

Jgoding
07-10-2006, 12:28 PM
My dad hit the fly waters up by their retirement property in Lewiston. He and my mom's cousin caught at least 60 fish between them. He didn't see any salmon yet but I remember they were stacking up already by this time last year. He broke off a few nice steelhead but most of the fish were juveniles and were around 13" or so and hit pretty much anything.

SteelieD
07-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Great. Fun fishing. I am headed up there in a month for our annual trip. Looking forward to it!

Jgoding
07-11-2006, 09:45 AM
I'm planning on being there in a few weeks as well. I remember last year they hit pretty much anything until the weekend I showed up and then they were really finicky... they did end up loving a size 20 pt bounced in the surface film though... fun fishing and they pounded a deep sheep shad pattern pretty hard too.

SteelieD
07-11-2006, 05:42 PM
Cool. I think you were up there a week ahead of me last year. I believe we are planning the weekend of August 12th. We've rented the whole Lewiston Inn. Should be a blast. Might try to get down for a couple days of fishing before the festivities really begin. :wink: Maybe our trips will coincide.

Jgoding
07-12-2006, 10:06 AM
Yeah, I would like to make it up there but my work schedule is pretty crappy right now working two jobs. Luckily my parents found a nice piece of property up there so it's not a rough trip at all except for the drive up.

I just want to go to the hatchery and drool over all the 2-3' torpedoes up at the ladder.....