PDA

View Full Version : Pike action in Manitoba........

k.hanley
07-10-2006, 09:31 AM
Just returned from waters near the Arctic Circle. We caught plenty of fish that's for sure. Excellent fun! Lots of citation sized pike and walleye. Ice out was very early this year around Gangler's waters. As a result the pike were in their late summer mode. We focused our shots over shallow rocky flats, deep water transition edges off flats, and deep grass beds (not in the cabbage weeds). Most of the action took place at depths of 4-8 feet.

The weather was basically unstable. Big winds, some rain, sunhine, and overcast days. A real mix. Explored 4 new lakes this year. The variety was amazing.

Cheers, Ken H.

PS: Next year I have a special trip designed for targeting lake trout in the shallows, plus big pike. It should be awesome action during early September. These fish range in size from 5 - 20+ pounds! If anyone is interested please contact me via kenpacx@yahoo.com

lee s.
07-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Just tossed all the feathery wads into a can to put in the duffel last night. :wink:
Let's see.....under 50#......Jason will have to ship this throw net on his own. :roll: Glad someone donated a set of L/W breathables. :D
You will be getting a fone call! :nod:
ciao......me

k.hanley
07-10-2006, 11:23 AM
okie dokie