PDA

View Full Version : Creek report , July 9th -

David Lee
07-09-2006, 08:29 PM
Hit the water at 9:40 and fished 'till late afternoon w/ Hairstacker and son .

Fishing was slow - we got a few , but really had to work for them . Stephan was top rod with a 12 inch Smallie , 'Stacker and I did OK .

Oh , Hairstacker also killed digi-cam #2 in the creek .... not far from where he dunked the last one ! Water was cool-ish , air temps were roastin' .

Hot flies were a black Strymph , beadhead Leeches , and Hairy Swap mini-Dahlbergs .

Nice to have them Tracy guys up this way !!

David :D

Darian
07-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Aside from the suicidal camera, it sounds like a good time was had by all. 8) 8) Thom ought to consider getting a water resistant digital camera. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hairstacker
07-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Hey David, we had a great time! 'Course, "slow" is relative -- in that creek, if you're not catching 30-40 bass apiece, then it's a "slow" day. :lol: As it stands, I'll bet you we probably caught over 40 of 'em between the 3 of us, although most were pretty small. And there were some green sunfish in the mix, as well as a crawdad I caught by hand. :D

David was having too muh fun tormenting them with a Dahlberg Diver. I probably had the most fun with a black size 6 strymph variant, while my son Stephen did best with a size 8 rust-colored leech he had tied.

All in all, it was a fun day and wet wading a creek with a light fly rod in hand is a nice way to spend a summer day. As it turns out, I didn't avenge my last camera that died in that creek. Instead, I think the creek might have claimed another. :lol: It may just be time for me to look at one of those waterproof Pentaxes. . . . :lol:

Darian
07-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Hmmmm,.... Guess I was having a senior moment during my last post. :oops: :oops: I meant Mike (Hairstacker). 8) 8) 8) 8)

Hairstacker
07-09-2006, 11:32 PM
My camera lives!! \:D/ I just tested it, and it works fine! :shock: Real surprise since it fell out of my pocket and landed face first (just like I did :oops: :lol: ) in an inch of water. And that creek thought it got me again. . . . :twisted: That reminds me, I need to go scrape a little bit of mud off my hat. . . . :lol: