PDA

View Full Version : Day 23, No fishing but good news!

JerryInLodi
07-09-2006, 07:06 AM
We're still at the dock today, cleaning up from last night's party. Big news at the party however, the Dorado have been found, 23 miles out. Enrique Mayoral, a long time guide, said he found thousands and thousands of them, huge schools.

His son Victor was at the party and we were talking about the way the fishing seems to be red hot for a few days and then taper off. We're starting to believe that the schools are moving in a giant circle, about eight miles in circumferance in a clockwise motion. If so, and we're right, on Monday they should be about 14 miles off Pt. Concepcion. I'll be there as well.

One other interesting bit of news. I normally cruise the rocks at Pt. Concepcion almost every day on the way out or way in but yesterday I had to prepare for the party. Well wouldn't you know? One of our guests was at the point in their little 12 footer fishing for triggers and a school of 30 adult roosters showed up, all between 30 and 40 pounds. Paul, the guest, had nothing to throw at them but sure did get pumped up just watching them work bait.

Damn, another day in a 13 year string without a rooster!

David Lee
07-09-2006, 07:55 AM
Attitude is everything , Jerry .....

Your Rooster is right around the corner !

David :D

Darian
07-09-2006, 08:07 AM
ROOSTERZZZZZZZZ......

Maybe it'd pay to chase Roosters for a day..... :? :? :? The Dorado'll still be there later.... :) :)

Jay Murakoshi
07-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Darian,
Like I mentioned to you in Baja, I dedicate a full day sometimes two days just cruising the beaches for roosters. It just like the guys who chase dorado, if you find them, it's great, if not it's a long boat ride
Definitly, it's a lot harder to get a rooster to eat a fly, muchless catch one.

I'm hoping the roosters will be on the beach at the end of the week. I've got the marlin rod rig up, also. The temperature is just right 100 to 106. Now that's getting HOT

Jay

Darian
07-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Hi Jay,.... Noticed the weather down there was hot but, according to the weather guys, there's a breeze blowing at night. 8) 8) That breeze sure made things liveable when we were down there. :) :)

Hope you have a good trip. :D :D :D :D