PDA

View Full Version : How Do

Jay Murakoshi
07-06-2006, 08:51 PM
take a photo and create a desk top photo. Hell, I know I'm getting old because I just did one on my laptop a couple days ago.

How do you post photo's on this site. Do I need to go into my files, save it and then use the Img

Thanks

Jay

Hairstacker
07-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Jay, to have a photo be your background photo on your computer desktop, just save the photo file to your computer. Then open the photo to look at it and right-click anywhere on the photo. An options list should come up with one of the options allowing you to set the photo as your desktop background.

As far as posting photos on this board, I would refer you to Eugene's directions in the post just above this one.

Jay Murakoshi
07-06-2006, 09:13 PM
I did that. I saved the photo to my Documents. I opened the photo and right clicked and nothing happens.
This is how I thought it was done, that's why it had me stumped and I'm still stumped

Jay

Hairstacker
07-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Ok, the problem may be that your computer is opening the photo for you to look at it with some kind of photo editing software that won't allow you to right-click for the background option. Thus, instead, right click on the photo file and choose the option, "Open With Windows Picture and Fax Viewer." Once it opens up so that you can see the picture, you should now be able to right-click on it and set it as the background.

Chris V
07-07-2006, 09:01 AM
Jay-

Here's another (easier :?: ) way...

Right click on your desktop & go to Properties. Click on the Desktop Tab & you will see a smaller version of your current desktop picture. Click the Browse button and go to the photo you want- click Open. Click Apply, then OK.

Good luck!

Jay Murakoshi
07-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Thanks for all the help. I finally got the thing to work

Jay