PDA

View Full Version : Creek Smallmouth report 7-6-2006

David Lee
07-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Hit the secret Smallie stream for a few hours today .

30-something to hand , 3 over 12 inches with a 13 inch Spottie the biggest .

Bugskin Craws #6 - Rust Leech #8 - Caddis larva#12 -Sturmers' Baby Craw#10 . Too much sun for the small Dalberg Divers (lots of follows , too tiny to eat it !!) .

That's it !

:D David :D

Hairstacker
07-06-2006, 08:21 PM
David, very cool! It was about this time that we hit it last year. Sounds like it's fishing just fine. How was the water level? Clear as usual?

David Lee
07-06-2006, 09:18 PM
I can't say much about the level , Mike ...... I fished down below where I broke the 4 wt. last year (No Man's land) . I haven't fished down that way in about 11 years , and it's all changed .

Temps were nice and cool-ish . Not hot at all ! Candida got 8 to hand (all by herself) on a #5 Gold Rapala .

Considering how little I fish anymore ....... it was pretty nice :nod:

David

Hairstacker
07-06-2006, 09:27 PM
What?!? We don't know what the water looks like? Well then, clearly some on-the-water research is in order. What time shall I pick you up on Sunday? :D

Besides, as I recall, I drowned my digital camera on that same trip where you broke your 4 wt. I think we have some avenging to do. :twisted:

Hope you don't mind if I bring along one of the bushmen. :lol:

David Lee
07-06-2006, 10:19 PM
What?!? We don't know what the water looks like? Well then, clearly some on-the-water research is in order. What time shall I pick you up on Sunday? :D

Besides, as I recall, I drowned my digital camera on that same trip where you broke your 4 wt. I think we have some avenging to do. :twisted:

Hope you don't mind if I bring along one of the bushmen. :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

9:00 AM , I'll have chow and flies ready .

David :)

Hairstacker
07-07-2006, 12:00 AM
\:D/ :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :unibrow: