PDA

View Full Version : S.A. reel broken & Davis Lake report

Mario
07-04-2006, 09:22 AM
I have a 5 weight TFO setup with a S.A. system 2 56L reel. I was up at Davis lake this past weekend for a few days of fun. The damsel hatch was not very impressive. The first day we had several damsels in the boat and you could see them throughout the water. The next two days there was only a couple on the anchor lines. There were fish working sporadically throughout the lake, but they were picky. I some how ended up catching a catfish on a damsel, then followed that with a pike....finally on the last day I hooked into a nice 25inch+ hot rainbow that proceeded to break my drag on my reel. I did land the fish, but now have a broken drag. I took it apart and found a small piece of metal (i think the clicker) and don't know what I should do to get it fixed. I have a trip planned to the high sierra in a couple of weeks. Any advice? As far as Davis Lake goes...I'd try some other lakes for now. I was fishing with a group of guys who have been fishing that lake for 20+ years and they all couldn't believe how slow it was. Take care!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-04-2006, 09:30 AM
Mario,

You can bring your reel to the shop or drop it off at my house in Davis.

1215 Hemlock lane.

753-5267

Rob
07-06-2006, 07:38 PM
NOW THAT"S WHAT I CALL SERVICE !!!! :) :)

Mario
07-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Yea no kidding!!!!

FHTFYR
07-06-2006, 11:57 PM
This is the reason he owns the best Fly shop in Nor Cal!!!

and many of us are loyal only to him!