PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing day on the water

Richard
06-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Tried some new places, including Little Frank's Tract and a new bug, a gurgler to start the day, absolutely nothing. :( Little Frank's is so shallow you can almost walk in places. I talked to one guide who said that while a friend of his did well in a tournement there he personally just kept scraping the bottom of his boat on cut off tree stumps. :? I was there at high tide and still had trouble keeping my trolling motor out of weeds. My depth meter showed about 2 to 3 feet in the deep sections. After not getting a rise I left for other parts, equally unproductive. :(

By the time I got to Sandmound it was more than two hours after I usually get there. I tried the gurgler for some time with no effect and when I finally switched back to the diver and started to get some strikes the bite seemed to pretty much stop. It seems like after 11 you are wasting your time on top. But maybe I just need another lesson from KD.

Also two of my "always works" spots were taken over by kids (did you hear that school is out for the summer?) with their super big fast boats, water skis and rap music. I had to get out of there quick as they were washing water over the top of my boat. :x

Hopefully next week will be better, it sure can't be much worse. :(

But any time on the water is still better than chores at home. :D

Hairstacker
06-27-2006, 08:42 PM
Hi Richard, sounds like you had a tough day, very similar to mine last weekend. Ah well, so it goes, I'm sure you'll slay 'em next time.

Appreciate the report, though. Little Franks was one of the areas I was thinking about keying in on. I didn't realize it was that shallow, however, and on the high tide no less. . . . I have also heard of folks pulling some nice fish out of there though. Maybe another time. I'm in total agreement with your sentiment that it's better to be on the water than. . . . :lol: