PDA

View Full Version : Ceviche..... MMM, MMM....

Darian
06-26-2006, 11:35 PM
In order to beat the heat I decided that I would prepare a fish dish without cooking it. 8) 8) Found a good recipe for a Ceviche that was just the ticket.

Included were Halibut, Scallops, onions, garlic, rice vineger and lime juice to cook the fish in. The garnishes included red/yellow bell peppers, cucumber, cilantro and mint. :) :) :) This was served cold on romaine leaves (for a wrap) with Negro Modelo.... MMM, MMM. No heat involved in cooking the seafood and the beer was a wonderful addition. :D :D Of course, my fishing partner was impressed with this dish, too. :D :D :D :D :D

Anybody else doin' this kinda stuff :?: :?: :?:

Tony Buzolich
06-27-2006, 06:13 AM
What!? You mean you didn't use any of that dorado you brought back in your suitcase? :lol:
TONY

Darian
06-27-2006, 07:02 AM
Hey Tony,.... I seem to recall that any Dorado that made it back to the hotel was pomptly cooked/eaten.... That last dinner (provided by you and Kim) was a real seafood fest. :D :D :D :D

Jay Murakoshi
06-27-2006, 07:55 AM
Darian,

I thought you were going to try Cevichie using the skip jack. I think the meat wouldn't of cured but probably would've exploded :D

Did Renee ever get back the rod from TFO. I talked to them and let them know what was coming. They said NO PROBLEM

Jay

Darian
06-27-2006, 09:30 AM
The rod has been replaced already. I brought to Johson's Bait & Tackle where it was purchased and Tony B. was kind enough to replace it with one from his inventory. Tony is supposed to return the rod with another one that broke on the same trip. :) :) Soooo, everything is OK.

After the trip, Renee was lobbying heavily to buy herself a 10 weight fly rod. I conviced her to get a 9 weight, first, and bought a TFO blank to have it made up. That's her task, now. :D :D :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-27-2006, 09:59 AM
One of my favorite things about traveling in the tropics is the unique food down there.

Fresh fish, lobster, conch and tropical fruit.

Tony Buzolich
06-27-2006, 10:17 AM
I talked with Rick Pope the other day and he was very interested how two spin rods could have broke, both by our women, on the same trip. Maybe these gals know how to put the pressure on better than we do.

In either case, they have already gone in for warranty and Rick wants to see where each broke and if TFO has a problem. He assured me that if it is a design thing they will make any adjustments right away.

I'm planning on taking the same rod back down there again next year.

TONY