PDA

View Full Version : Any reports from Lake Almanor?

Mike Churchill
06-23-2006, 05:50 PM
I'm planning on going up to Lake Almanor July 1 to fish the hex hatch. :D

Has anyone heard any reports about whether it's happening yet? I'm wondering if it will be late this year with the cold weather.

Mike

Adam Grace
06-23-2006, 09:44 PM
I talk to 2 guys today while working at Fish First, one guy told me that there were some Hexs coming off, nothing crazy but they're starting. The other told me that he heard that the fishing was good.

I haven't heard enough good reports to tell you that you will definately find them hatching but if you have some time to burn go check it out. Maybe by July 1st the hatch will be on and the fishing will be great.

I am waiting for a week or two to go check it out.

Katz
06-24-2006, 09:38 PM
Brother-in-law fished there on last Monday night and said he saw about a dozen hex come off on the west shore in the evening.

Looks like it is starting, but early.

Kraig

Bruce Slightom
06-30-2006, 07:06 PM
Tracy, just got back from five days at Almanor. I fished the area around Prattville in the evenings. Each night there was more activity, except when the wind was sturing up the lake. Did not catch any trout on dries but did get some bass. I started about 6:30 useing midges deep then switched to hex nymphs then dries.
I fished McCoy Flat on Tuesday, had the best day as far as numbers of big fish. There was a good damsel hatch going until about 2:00 P then the wind and lighting forced me off the water.
I fished Silver Lake. Never been there before but a very pretty lake with lots of eight ot twelve inch fish.