PDA

View Full Version : Info on Pemigewasset River, NH

Ben-doc
06-21-2006, 04:38 PM
Didn't know whether to post here or on "Trout (rivers and streams)"...

I'm headed to Plymouth, New Hampshire in a couple days and was wondering if anyone had ever fished the Pemigewasset River there. I will have limited travel capabilities, so I was thinking of fishing the Pemi in the afternoons. Don't want to take all my gear though if it's no good for fishing or if it's blown out or something...I see from the gauge that the river is running about twice as high as average. Any info would be highly appreicated!

Ben-doc
07-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Thought I should follow this one up, since I did indeed fish it.

The water was very high and very cold (45 degrees). Wading was nearly impossible, so had to search hard for places to fish. Fished for about 4 hours each of 2 days at 3 different accesses. Got into some small brookies (just planted?) near Lincoln, NH. In Plymouth, hooked a couple of larger fish but couldn't land them. Near Woodstock, caught a 10" brookie and a larger rainbow, maybe 12". Half the fish took the streamer, half took the nymph dropper. Also fished a couple of local ponds while the friends swam. Wooly buggers fished up the banks produced bass and a nice rainbow. All in all, very glad I brought my gear, and If I were to go back, I would definitely focus on the ponds/lakes or drive up North to some of the best rivers in New England.