PDA

View Full Version : To all my special friends here on our message board.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-20-2006, 09:31 AM
I have had a serious thing happen to me this past week.

My oldest daughter Kori had diabetes for many years. She was having serious physical problems from this terrible disease including loosing most of her sight this past year.

She was happy with her life and knew her family and friends all loved her. She passed away peacefully in her sleep on June 15 at the age of 33.

We are sad and will miss her but we know this was the best thing God could have done for her.

Katz
06-20-2006, 09:40 AM
I am so sorry for your loss! :cry:

Very kind of you to share something so personal.

Katz

SullyTM
06-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Bill, I am truly sorry for your loss. Please accept my sincere condolences. Take care. Thom

andanb
06-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Bill, I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Darian
06-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Bill,.... I'm stunned. I had no idea you and your family were undergoing this trial.... Please accept my sincerest condololences for your loss.

Your friend,

Darian

Rob
06-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Bill

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of you daughter. :cry:
You will be in our prayers. I also want to thank you for treating us like family. You and Marilyn are very special. :)
Bill you are a kind man with a very BIG heart !!

God Bless -
Rob

Matt Frey
06-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Bill
I am very sorry to hear this unfortunate news. My father has diabetes and it is sad to see the disease's effects. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Take Care,
Matthew

BigBuddha
06-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Bill I had no idea. My family sends to you our deepest condolences. I just can't imagine your loss, but feel deeply for you.

Jay Murakoshi
06-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Bill,

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter Kori. My prayers and condolences go out to the Kiene family. The Kiene's are a great family and I know everyone will pull through.

Jay

Hairstacker
06-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Bill, very sad to hear of your loss. Deepest condolences and prayers to you and your family as you go through this very difficult time.

FoothillFlyFisher
06-20-2006, 01:30 PM
Bill, to you and your family I am very sorry to hear of your lose.

As a parent I can only amagine how your wife and you must feel.

Please, except my heart felt condolences to your loss. My thoughts and prayer are there for you and yours.

JerryInLodi
06-20-2006, 02:12 PM
Bill, as a father, I can appreciate your thoughts and understand your pain. LIfe is a series of joys and trials and time is the healer. May God be with you and your family.

rrivera
06-20-2006, 03:52 PM
I am sorry for you loss Bill....

My prayers go to you and your family.

Take care Chief - I'll talk to you soon..

-R

Charlie Gonzales
06-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Sorry for your loss Bill.

David Lee
06-20-2006, 04:18 PM
I'm truely sorry to hear this . If there's ANYTHING Candida and I can do to help you through this sad time .... let us know .

We love you .

David and Candida Lee

k.hanley
06-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Peace be with you Bill, Marilyn, and your family. You're in our prayers.
With respect, Ken

StevenOjai
06-20-2006, 05:14 PM
Bill,
I'm so sorry to hear of the loss within your family. You have my deepest condolences. I lost my daughter-in-law at age 24, two years ago. Fortunately, we have the memories that never leave us.
God Bless, Steve

Tony Buzolich
06-20-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm so sorry Bill. As we get older we expect things like this of our parents and elders, but not of our children.

May God Bless, Tony and Kim Buzolich

PaulC
06-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Bill,
In farsi, they say "Omidvaram ke gham e akharetoone bashe", roughly translating I hope you may have no more sad times.
I send our thoughts and condolences from down south for you and your family.
-Paul

Richard
06-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Bill, no words can really respond to such a loss. But know that you and your entire family are in our thoughts at this most difficult time. May her memory forever be a blessing.

dreamingincolor
06-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Bill and family, my prayers are with you, sorry for your loss.

Alastair
06-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Bill and family, I am very sorry to hear this. Please accept my condolences.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-20-2006, 09:53 PM
Thanks for all the love and kind words.

We are getting a little better every day now.

Kori enjoyed her life for many years and only recently did things get bad for her. She saw almost every new movie and went to lots of King's and Giant's games. She enjoyed reading and loved to talk a lot. I think she got that from me and my mom. She was living in a group home this past few years and lucky for us there were lots of people there who loved here too. I think she entertained them daily.

We were all able to spend time with her, especially recently, so she knew she was loved by her family.

I think God figured that in the past few month she had suffered enough so her took her up to heaven in her sleep last week.

Be sure you hug and kiss the ones you love.

SteelieD
06-20-2006, 10:29 PM
That last lne is good advice Bill. I am truly sorry for your loss.

Sturmer White
06-20-2006, 10:31 PM
Bill And Marilyn
God works in strange ways.
Kori can be at piece now.
God bless
Sturmer

jayclarkflyfishing
06-21-2006, 07:16 AM
Bill-
My condolences to you and your family....Peace be with you.
Jay Clark

Jgoding
06-21-2006, 08:02 AM
Sorry to hear about your daughter Bill. Lost my Uncle last year to the same disease. He too passed peacefully in his sleep after many years of declining health.

Jeff

mark
06-21-2006, 08:45 AM
Bill, you are a true gentleman and to hear something like this happen to you just doesn't seem fair. My true concolences go out to you and your family. Please let us know if there s anything we can do to help during this time.

-Mark

OregonSalmon
06-21-2006, 01:59 PM
Bill,
I remember when I first met your wonderful daughter Koren. Seems a million years ago. You were living in the Land Park area and you and I were stinking up the house trying to put some color into deer hair. I recall she and Amy were having a great time watching us creating such havoc. For once they were not the creation of terrible messes in the house and were loving it.
As long as we remember that loving smile and warm heart of Koren's she never has left. I won't forget the smiles on the two most beautiful kids in the world laughing at our project. From Heaven, she will still be laughing about our failed debacle. No one ever leaves Bill, they just mosey to a better place.
Hang in there pal.....hug every family member and all your billion friends. Going to do a little crying now....damn buddy I'm sorry for your loss. -Galen-

leo licastro
06-21-2006, 05:44 PM
Bill
I am very sorry to hear of your daughters passing. My condolences to you and your family.
Leo Licastro

rasbrown
06-22-2006, 07:10 AM
Bill,

We are so sorry for your loss. Please accept our heartfelt condolences. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Randy and Sue

Rickey Noel Mitchell
06-22-2006, 09:42 AM
My deepest condolences and my prayers are with you. Bill
Rickey Noel Mitchell

Hewie
06-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Bill and Marilyn-
I am truly saddened to hear of your loss. Our thoughts are with your family during these times.

I expect this thread will remain on top for a long time based on the love and care you have provided over the years.

Dave

SJB
06-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Bill,

Although I do not know you or your family well, I am still saddened to learn of your loss. I can see that your daughter was well-loved. I am sure that her spirit will be there with you each time you cast a line.

Steve Balfrey

slage
06-22-2006, 04:13 PM
Deeply sorry Bill-
One day at a time....

Brad Blancett
06-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Bill ,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My Prayers go out to you and the family .

God Bless,

Brad

jerry from sac
06-23-2006, 08:03 AM
Bill,
Thinking of you and your family.
-
- jerry lyerly

Digger
06-23-2006, 05:10 PM
my heartfelt and deepest sympathy.
may God bless you and your family

Larry S
06-23-2006, 05:55 PM
Bill and family:
Sorry to learn of your daughter's passing. Despite her young age, it
sounds like she and her family managed to squeeze in many good
times. Those will give you good memories in the years to come.
Best Wishes,
Larry S
San Diego

AndreD
06-23-2006, 09:16 PM
Bill

My families prayers go out to you and your family during this very sad time. You are in our thoughts as well.

Andre

troutfly
06-24-2006, 05:02 PM
Bill,
I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter. The loss of a child is probably the hardest thing a parent can bear. My thoughts are of you and your family.

Russ Alltucker

Christine Johnston
06-24-2006, 08:48 PM
Bill and Marilyn,

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your dear daughter. 33 is so young. May you have the comfort of your friends, family and community at this difficult time.
Christine Johnston

Steve Ekstrom
06-25-2006, 05:19 PM
Bill, I was stunned to read your message. What a trial this must have been for you and Marilyn. I'll hold you in my thoughts and send my deepest condolences. Peace.......................Steve.

Tracy Chimenti
06-26-2006, 06:57 PM
Bill, I'm terribly sorry. As I think about my own little four-year-old guy, I realize how frighteningly tragic life can be. God bless you.

Was that her jumping off the tree into McCumber Lake?

Tracy

DonCooksey
06-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Bill:

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I just returned from Michigan tonight after visiting my father who is in very bad shape after decades of suffering from MS, and I fear that it won't be long for him either. At least I managed a big smile from him when I described my Hex fishing experience of the previous evening. He introduced me to fly fishing when I was 9 years old, and we shared some great Hex and other fly fishing experiences over the years. I'll post on my fishing trip of the last week on the Au Sable when I download my camera.

Don

Nip Hadlock
06-27-2006, 07:31 AM
Bill;
I am so very sorry to hear about your loss.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Nip

dberry
06-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Bill & Marilyn
I just read your post and we are sorry for your loss. Diabetes, especially early onset diabetes is a terrible disease. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
David

Anne Vitale
06-29-2006, 01:28 PM
Bill....I just read your notice regarding the passing of your daughter. Please add my name to the long list of folks who have extended their condolences to you and your family. Anne Vitale

Wednesday Caster
06-29-2006, 01:32 PM
Bill,
This is coming to you late because I was out of town finally getting some family time- camping and fishing with my wife and children. I am very sad to hear of the loss of your daughter. I hope you find comfort in the memories and the blessings of your own family times you and your wife had with Kori.
Thank you for sharing this information with all of us and your wisdom in reminding us to "Be sure you hug and kiss the ones you love."
My prayers are with you and your wife.
Quinn
Los Angeles

jbird
06-30-2006, 01:18 PM
Bill

I just returned from mexico and read this thread :( Wow! What an increadible band of friends you have here in this community. I am touched by the open emotions portrayed by this community. Please accept my deepest condolences as well. I cant imagine anything could be more difficult to endure.

God bless you and be with you always.

Sincerely
Jay Spencer