PDA

View Full Version : The Yuba on the 19th

MSP
06-19-2006, 04:31 PM
I saw that the flows had dropped again on the river "Y" and decided to get my butt out of the house and give it a try. Fished the South side of the bridge where I had a little luck a couple of weeks ago. Pretty much fished the same methods as last time, swinging emergers, zonkers and high sticking. Nothing! Fished my way downstream and decided I was really there to fish dries. Put on a Carpet Caddis and started fishing my way back upstream without a lot of action. Got to a side channel that was flowing back into the main river and a nice fish gave me the ol' follow job and I got excited and promptly yanked my fly right away from him. Nice job Mike :roll: A couple of casts later another nice take and another miss. Hmmmmm? Finally got a 13"er up the side channel and kept heading upriver. Got into a large flat just below the bridge and had at least 5 fish of decent size take the caddis. Just couldn't seem to keep them hooked. Most fish were in the 12 - 15" range and seemed to be holding in the depressions on the flat. Have to say I had a great time, with perfect weather and no other fishers around. A couple of guys on the north side, but didn't see any action out of them. Not much insect activity but the fish seem to be looking up. Next time I'm going to kill em, I just know it! [-o<

Till then!

SullyTM
06-19-2006, 06:20 PM
:nod:

Adam Grace
06-19-2006, 07:41 PM
Good for you buddy.