PDA

View Full Version : Kiene's BASS-BUG FEST , July 22 , 2006 !!!!!

David Lee
06-14-2006, 06:05 PM
WHEN - Saturday , July 22nd (some board guys will be there on the 21st and 23rd , also ...)

WHERE - Lundborg Landing (6777 Bethel Island road , on Piper slough just south of Franks Tract)

WHAT TO BRING - Bass fishin' gear , sunscreen , a boat/watercraft of some sort , and something to throw on the BBQ ....

WHO WILL BE THERE -
Richard
Mike Newman
Hairstacker
David Lee
Charlie Gonzales(extra seat ??)
Nightgoat(?)
Chris V.(?)
Dreamingincolor
Eugene Graham
Adam Grace(?)
Ben-doc(needs a boatseat/heavy rod)
Bill Kiene

COST - $8.00 to launch a boat , $16.00 to camp

This will be an all-day event . BBQ at 12:00 noon , followed by clinics by Kevin Doran (How to pull Bass outta the slop) and Rickey Noel Mitchell (How to fish out of a Kayak without drowning) . All are welcome to attend , just post here !! Any changes .... let me know .

:D David :D

SullyTM
06-14-2006, 06:32 PM
Looking more and more like THEE event of the summer. I'll miss this year's Bash but I'll expect a full report, with pictures of the days catches. Hopefully, this will become an annual event...Enjoy! SullyTM

BTW...David is a BBQ wizard for those of you who might be wondering about getting enough to eat :twisted:

Gregg Machel
06-14-2006, 06:36 PM
I'll have to miss this one, I have to travel back to India again during this time. :(
Wish I could attend, this sounds like a great event.

dreamingincolor
06-14-2006, 07:24 PM
david
just to let you and others now my extra seat has now been filled with a buddy thats just geting into fly fishing.looks like this is going to be fun!! and thanks for the address i can map quest and find a time frame to get there. looking forward to meeting everyone.

David Lee
07-03-2006, 08:54 PM
The clock is ticking , fellas ....

I'm kind of suprised that more folks haven't signed on yet . It really should be a fun gathering !!

David :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-03-2006, 10:27 PM
David,

Maybe we should take a run down there during the week and check out the Sugar Barge, Russo's and Lundberg?

David Lee
07-04-2006, 12:02 AM
David,

Maybe we should take a run down there during the week and check out the Sugar Barge, Russo's and Lundberg?

Hi Bill -

Sure !! Anytime you wanna go .... give me a ring .

David :D

Adam Grace
07-04-2006, 12:20 AM
I recently found out that I cannot get the day off from work. The summertime vacations of my associates have stopped me from making it to the bass bash.

I'm bummed! :cry:

I hope that you guys have a great time.

Flyjunkie
07-11-2006, 07:16 AM
You know Me..I love Bass Bugs... :D

However, I will be In Loreto, BAJA with Lee B. at that Time and the action is Going wide Open down there..So I must gracefully Bow out of Attending....

A Thousand apologizes...but I will attempt to Redeem myself by Hooking Something down there on a Popper that day.... :wink:

Have Fun,
DEAN....... 8) 8)

Darian
07-11-2006, 07:45 AM
Hey Dean,.... If Dorado are biting, can redemption be far behind :?: :?: :lol: :lol:

Flyjunkie
07-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Hey Dean,.... If Dorado are biting, can redemption be far behind :?: :?: :lol: :lol:

DARIAN,

I'm tying up some Bangers, Crease flies..besides the usual "Yak patterns", Sea Habits, Deceivers..etc...

I'll agree with you that Redemption should be forth coming... :wink:

DEAN....... 8) 8)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Richard - 13' outboard skiff (w/guest)?

Mike Newman - 16' aluminum outboard skiff (w/extra seat)

Hairstacker - red inflatable kayak!

David Lee & Candida (?)- 12' Jon boat

Charlie Gonzales - 14' Jon boat (w/Chucky Won?)

Nightgoat & Chris V. - Fiberglass tri-hull (camping)

Dreamingincolor -

Eugene Graham - olive Wilderness 140 Tarpon kayak

Adam Grace (?) has to work that day?

Ben-doc - not making it this time

Bill Kiene & Jim Christensen - 17' white Harbor Craft skiff

Rickey Noel Mitchell & friends - kayaks

Kevin Doran - big white Boston Whaler

__________________________________________________ __________

Can everybody post their situation so we can pair up people.

Some will be in kayaks or small one man crafts and other like Charlie Gonzoles has a boat with room for one person.

Everyone needs to be in a kayak, canoe or boat. There is lots of great cover right at Lundborg's.

What about float tubes or pontoon boats???

__________________________________________________ ___________

This is pretty cool....I think it is just the start of a lot of great fishouts for our little BB. Lake and the Delta are great for fishouts because there is lots of room.

Ben-doc
07-18-2006, 01:33 PM
My best efforts of the last 24 hours to change my flight out to Chicago from Saturday to Sunday have at last been thwarted, and I will be unable to attend. :( I am truly bummed.

I hope you all have a great time--so great that this indeed becomes a tradition and I can come next year.

mikenewman
07-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Bill, I will be fishing out of a 16' aluminium skiff and have a spare seat up for grabs.
Mike

Hairstacker
07-18-2006, 04:03 PM
Ben-doc, sorry to hear you can't make it. :( I'm sure there will be other opportunities. Bill mentioned October as another possibility, which I believe will be even better, as that is one of my favorite months to be out there.

Yep, you got it right Bill, I plan to bring my red inflatable kayak, though David Lee and I are planning to fish out of his 12-footer in the morning. 8)

Charlie Gonzales
07-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Charles Won may be with me in my boat but he wont be know for sure til thursday.

Richard
07-18-2006, 09:09 PM
I'm using a 13 1/2' Tiderunner (15hp motor and a 55 lb thrust bow mounted trollling motor) which has two seats, but I think I have a guest coming with me, still unconfirmed. The boat will carry two, but I suspect it will only fish one person at a time. Unless you LIKE being stuck with a bug in your ear. :lol:

dreamingincolor
07-19-2006, 12:42 AM
Its a sad day in Dale Smiths world... I have planned for weeks to attend the bug fest, worked on boat, tied some fair flies(beginner) goten cabover in shape etc. etc.
You guessed it Ihave a situation where my smiling face will not be seen at the bug fest. My business partner has a family emergency and will be out of state attending to family affairs, my office maniger is on vacation and with a 24/7 business duity calls and i must man the helm.
I hope everyone has a wonderful time and look forward to all the pictures, stories, and joking that such an event must create.
Good luck everyone!!!
Dale Smith

Hairstacker
07-19-2006, 03:06 AM
That's a real shame Dale, was looking forward to having you join us. :( As in Ben-doc's case, sure hope to catch you at the next one.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-19-2006, 11:33 AM
I think we can plan fish-outs for any month of the year.

I think we could try New Hogan Reservoir next for top water Stripers in August which is prime time.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Lastest list:

Richard - 13.5' outboard skiff (w/guest)?

Mike Newman - 16' aluminum outboard skiff (w/extra seat)

Hairstacker - red inflatable kayak!

David Lee & Candida - 12' Jon boat (camping)

Charlie Gonzales - 14' Jon boat (w/Chucky Won?)

Nightgoat & Chris V. -fiberglass tri-hull

Dreamingincolor - can't make it this time.

Eugene Graham -14' Wilderness Tarpon Kayak?

Adam Grace (?) has to work that day?

Ben-doc - could not get his flight changed

Bill Kiene & Jim Christensen - 17' white Harbor Craft skiff

Rickey Noel Mitchell & friends - kayaks

Kevin Doran - large whire Boston Whaler

Terry Thomas & Terry Jenkins - new Jetcraft

Keep us posted if you are coming.

David Lee
07-20-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm packing as we speak .

Sorry to the boys who won't be with us this trip - Bill and I will have a date for October soon , so keep your chins up !!

If anyone blows in Friday .... Candida and I will be in the MIDDLE strip (gray Ford Ranger and a tent ....) , in the shade ..... so don't be shy - come over for a Beer and a chat :idea:

BOMBS AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil: David :D

sculpin
07-21-2006, 10:01 AM
I hope you all have a great time. I had it in the back of my mind to see if I could talk Jbird into a road trip down your way. Unfortunately boat trailer repairs ect have taken up all my spare time. I'll try the next one.Drink a cold one for me.

Mark

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-21-2006, 11:39 AM
Jim Christensen and I are headed down to Lundborg's this afternoon.

We will probably fish a little tonight and leave the boat in the water overnight.

My cell phone : 530-867-1219

I think most will be fishing from 5:00am till 10:00am.

We will have a barbeque at David Lee's shady camp sight at noon. David has some chicken and I am bringing hot dogs.

You might bring a folding chair?

Kevin will give us some top water tips after lunch. If it is really too hot to fish by 10:00am maybe he can do it before lunch?

It is overcast again this morning which is really good.

Charlie Gonzales
07-21-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm all alone in my boat, so if anyone wants join me let me know