PDA

View Full Version : I leave for Mulege, Baja Sur in five hours!

JerryInLodi
06-13-2006, 09:13 PM
I'm leaving for Mulege and towing my boat. I be there for about 45 days and will fish every day that it's possible. I have lots of new territory yet to explore that, as far as I know, has never seen a fly rod.

Although I'll target Dorado for a short time each day, after about six to eight fish I get tired and look for other species. I try if at all possible to AVOID skip jack and bonito since they're such a pain but do like fishing the rocks. In the past I've caught fish I had to look up in books since they were nothing near what I knew the names of.

I'm also going to explore Bahia de Concepción. It will make a great fly fishing venue when the winds blowing and people are cut off from the blue water.

I'll try to post every couple of days and include pictures. I may need help with some of the names!

sculpin
06-13-2006, 09:55 PM
I'll look forward to the reports and pictures. There are quite a few fish in the Sea of Cortez that I have no clue as to what they are. I just call the Misc Tropical fish.

Mark
Here is one. Does anyone know what it is.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/Sculpin/EastCape029.jpg

Jay Murakoshi
06-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Hey Sculpin,

That fish you are holding is called a Pacific Blue Razor. I caught one three years ago off the beach at La Ventana. It was a pretty looking fish when all lit up.

Jay

sculpin
06-14-2006, 06:19 AM
Hey Jay
Thanks for the fish ID. I looked on line a little to find out what it was but never was able to put a name on it. I wish I had pictures of a few others I can't find the names of.

Mark