PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Creek (Big Trees State Park)

usetheforce
06-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Has anyone fished Beaver Creek? Any advice, info, help would be great. Going up there this weekend. Thanks.

mark
06-14-2006, 10:23 AM
Haven't fished it yet this year but usually make it up there at least a couple times every year. I can't give current conditions but usually in years past, now is about optimal time to head up there as the flows get a bit low in later months.

This year with all the snow up there I'm betting the water will still be a bit high but I think you will still do fine fishing. May even be some snow still on the peaks around you.

Its standard small creek fishing with a ton of eager (6-8") bows and the occasional brown just waiting to smack a well placed yellow humpy or stimulator.

Do yourself a favor and hike a bit to get away from the main crowd access spot on the creek, youll find some nice deeper holes upstream where you could either hang a dropper from your top fly or even toss a wooly bugger, where you might get into some bigger (12") fish.

Have fun, give us a report, Im probably a couple weeks from heading up there myself.

-MK