PDA

View Full Version : Wading Access on Sac now that RD 48 is closed?

Anne Vitale
06-10-2006, 08:51 AM
Hi Folks...I'm about to leave for a 10 day fly fishing trip that includes a day at East Lake OR, a 3 day float trip down the John Day R. and 3 days with my club (GWWF) on the Fall River on the way back. However, I need a stop over between the Bay Area and East Lake so I thought I would camp one night and do some shad/striper fishing on the Sac. Rd 48 would have been an obvious choice but we all know about that being closed as a convenient overnight drop in place. Do any of you know if there is any shad/striper wading access at or near Woodson Bridge State Rec Area? I assume the shad are that high up the river by now. Thanks in advance......Anne

Darian
06-10-2006, 09:29 AM
Hi Anne,.... If memory serves me correctly, there're access points at Woodson thru Los Molinos (up to the Red Bluff diversion dam).... That should be a good stopover for you....

Hope you have a good trip. :D :D :D

Adam Grace
06-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Anne there is a place near Chico called "washout," if you are interested private message me and I'll take the time to write down the dirrections.

Anne Vitale
06-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Adam...I don't know if my last email got through to you or not so I am trying to reach you this way. :D

Just a friendly reminder. I will be leaving for my trip at 0 dark :30 Thursday morning. Since you graciously offered and if you have a moment, I would appreciate you sending me those directions, off list of course, at anne@avitale.com by Wednesday evening the latest. I'll be coming up I-5. Thanks........Anne