PDA

View Full Version : Granite Bay Flycasters reunion

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Last night the Granite Bay Flycasters had an election with many of their old members getting back into the running of the club.

This is one of the finest fly clubs we have and will even be better now that some of the founding members have returned to help out.

Congratulations to all.

Concerned Club Member
07-10-2006, 04:00 PM
This is really disconcerting that a shop owner would be involved in a local fly fishing clubs business. I would expect any relationship that a shop owner and a club should have would be impartial and unbiased.

Additionally, it is a contradiction to say that the club is great in one breath and then it needed new leadership in another. To me, it sounds like someone was misinformed, did not to have an open mind or seek out the truth. But of course, Mark Twain was right, "A lie can travel half-way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. "

Darian
07-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Hmmmm,..... After reading your post, I re-read Bill's and find that I don't agree with your perception or the idea that a "shop owner" would not be "involved in a local fly fishing clubs business". I don't see anything in Bill's post to warrant your reaction to it. What, a shop owner can't have an opinion or be an officer of a club :?: :?: :?: Why can't a shop owner be a member or have interests in a club and have "impartial and unbiased" opinions as well :?: :?: :?:

Finally, I see nothing contradictory in congratulating newly elected officers (whether they were former officers or not) upon the election and looking forward to improvements in an already very good club. :) :) :) Kinda sounds like there's some sour grapes going on here..... :roll: :roll:

Whatever happened to the idea that we should be happy for other peoples successes (and our own) :?: :?: :?:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Hello Confused Club Member,

I think you need to re-read my post.

I have no idea what you are talking about.