PDA

View Full Version : Red Lake report from Nancy Siegler

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Hi,

Bob & Sherian Long, Christine and myself went up to red lake yesterday.
What a beautiful day. Not much wind, which is rare up there. Fishing was slow in some areas and crazy in others.

Christine caught 10 or 12 fish and lost more than that. I was the lucky one as I caught over 30 fish. I had 3 Brook trout and the rest were the Lahontan Cutthroats. There is still a great deal of snow off the highway 88 corridor.

The lake has just cleared from ice and should be a good place to fish for a good time. Also you might want to try Caples as it is just getting rid of ice as well.

My top fly was the Mohair Blood Leech and I also caught a lot of fish on the Black AP.

Beautiful trip and wonderful day.

Nancy

jbird
06-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Nice report Bill! Thanks for sharing...Glad you knocked 'em dead :wink:

Jay

TedK
06-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Bill - did you happen to take a water temperature reading? Wondering if Red Lake is still too cold to fish from a float tube.

bolden
06-04-2006, 08:57 PM
If i am not mistaken i believe Bill was not there, as it said a report from Nancy Siegler. I think the myself part in the text is referring to Nancy, who wrote it.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Yep, I was not there, sadly.

I'll check to see if they we in float tubes.

Christine Johnston
06-05-2006, 05:21 PM
It was a fantastic day! We saw an eagle pick up a fish not 100 feet from us. Yes we were float tubing. The feet got numb but it was worth it. We were there most of the day. It was hard to leave.
Christine

TedK
06-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the info!