PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Sierra Report

Pimpinmeat
05-31-2006, 01:01 PM
I went to Crowley lake this past weekend and did pretty good. Mostly midge fish but a few were taking streamers. Fish seemed to be holding around the 12ft mark and taking emerging midges. Tied my own patterns (secret color :roll: ) which took the majority of fish including one that was a good 25 plus inches fish that I lost right at the boat after a lengthy battle. When the wind wasn't blowing Sandy Point was the hot spot and once the wind came up we fished Big Hilton. The bigger fish were snapping in Hilton. Between two of us we had about 25 fish, missing a lot of grabs. Wind blew us off the lake early on Sat so we went to June Loop and fished Gull. The Cuttthroat were in full spawning colors and snapping good. In between snow flurries and gusty winds we managed 40+ fish inlcuding a dozen Cutts. Biggest went 19in and all Cutts came on the same midge(secret color :wink: ). The Bows were slamming brown flashabuggers on sink tips. Fish the drop off area back by the marsh and watch for small schools of Cutts roaming around close to the reeds. Good luck, hopefully the weather's better for anyone going up.