PDA

View Full Version : Fishing is heating up on the Delta. Here's one from today.

Richard
05-30-2006, 05:18 PM
Well, things continue to improve, even for those of us who haven't scheduled an outing this year (yet) with KD. :D Caught most of them at the end of Sandmound Slough again. My regular old spots from last year are as cold as ice. :crybaby: It was a pretty nice day, even the wind wasn't too bad until later. So it's time to get out and wet some lines. Anyone going out (very early) on Tuesdays anywhere near Piper Slough let me know. :) Also, is anyone interested in a Bass outing on the Delta, day, time and place to be arranged.

http://www.usfca.edu/fac-staff/davisr/5-30web2.jpg

Hairstacker
05-30-2006, 09:17 PM
Richard, good job, glad to see you got into 'em again! By "cold as ice," I take it your old spots aren't producing? If so, I know what you mean. I hit a favorite spot a few weeks ago and didn't catch squat. I assumed it was because of all the mud in the water. I've been fishing other areas with much clearer water with much better results thus far this year.

I think a fishout would be a blast! We've talked about a Delta outing, among others, but we never seem to get beyond the, "Yeah, let's do it!" stage, ha. Having said that, there have been a number of miniature outings composed of members (say, 2 - 4 folks at a time) from this board. Have learned, though, doesn't take many to have a good time, ha.

mikenewman
05-31-2006, 10:45 AM
Count me in. I'm out of the country until 1st week of July but anytime is fine after that.
My boat's big enough for 2 (I'll leave the dogs at home) So, Mike if you'd like a ride or would like to use mine as mother-ship to your blow up, you are welcome aboard. (Don't know what the practicalities are of launching you in the middle of Frank's but it should be a laugh finding out)
Richard if I'm out on a Tuesday before our get together I'll let you know and you can show me all your secret hot-spots :lol:
Looking forward to meeting you buggers :thumbsup:
Mike

Richard
05-31-2006, 11:51 AM
OK, that's three of us for some time in July. Who else wants to join this crazy group? :lol: My boat will also hold two, at least it has two seats. Casting two lines from my small boat at the same time can be a little like dodge ball so bring a flak jacket and helmet. Particularly the way I cast! :D Gathering at Sugar Barge on Piper Slough might be a good place, although I launch at Ludbourg's Landing just down the way. But I could trailer or boat over to some other area if that works for others.

Hopefully my hot spots will stay hot and not cool off like last year's spots have done, but we will just have to wait and see. Mike, or anyone else, out my way just let me know when you are heading out my way on a Tuesday morning. I can show you water and fishy looking spots, fish I can not guarantee. :)

David Lee
05-31-2006, 08:17 PM
Count me in AFTER the first week of July .

I'll second using Lundborg as a base - Vickie (Bartender/waitress/running buddy) and Mr. and Mrs. Lundborg are mucho cool folks , they have great food , and Sandmound is just a hop away down Piper slough .

I'll also bring the Camcorder ..... so's we can get some buggin' lunacy on film :idea: . I think a Friday night to Sunday morning trip would be about right :evil:

David :unibrow:

Richard
05-31-2006, 09:37 PM
I normally avoid weekends, especially in the summer months. But a Saturday probably makes the most sense for those poor folks among you who still have to work for a living. :D If we go out REALLY early we might avoid the water busters for a little while. I can probably get the day off if I ask the wife early enough. :wink: I CAN'T do the 8th (relatives visiting) or the 29th, that's our anniversary and I prefer to stay among the living. :D :D So that leaves 15 and 22. I think I would prefer the 15th. Check your calendars. If you can do a Tuesday or Friday (14 or 21) that would work well for me as those are my regular "fishing days".

Hairstacker
05-31-2006, 10:19 PM
All right, Mike and David!! \:D/ This is going to be great!

Well, uh, given a choice between the 15th or the 22nd, I'd definitely have to go with the 22nd, since I can barely make the 15th. The 23rd would work just as well, if not better, for me.

mikenewman
05-31-2006, 10:54 PM
I'll fit in with you guys but plenty of water around the mornings of 15th and 29th. 22nd sees low water around 11.00am so it could get a little skinny for Sandmound?( That's a question not a statement - what do you reckon Richard?

David Lee
06-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Hope I'm not following my own agenda here ....

I reckon the 'dawn patrol' ( 4:00 AM to 9:00 AM) and fishing last light would be the plan . The rest of the day would fall into the BBQ/Beers/Tying/bullshitting /napping department ...... at least if I had my way !

July 21,22,23,24 looks sweet here . What sayith thee ????

PS - I will be tying Nixon's POWDERPUFFS for all who attend :eek:

David :twisted:

Richard
06-01-2006, 08:42 AM
Fishing the outgoing tide can be good and I have fished the end of Sandmound at low tide and it has produced pretty well. It is much easier to get under the trees at low tide. At high tide you can't really get back under a lot of the structure. The 22nd has the advantage of the low being late which gives more fishing time before the slack tide. The 21st may have the advantage of fewer water busters (and it's one of my regular fishing days). For now I have penciled in the 22nd and the 21st is always open so choose the date. \:D/

I like to get out about sunrise, fishing can be good in the pre dawn, but I have to get up at 4:00 to get there at 6:00 and that is about as early as this old bird wants to rise. :) But any of you who want to do the darkness thing are welcome to it. I'll see you at Lundborg's when the sun comes up. :lol:

Anyone else want to get in on this gathering? Come on in he water's getting warmer every day. :fish: