PDA

View Full Version : Feather River Tuesdays

Tony Buzolich
05-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Yep, I guess Tuesdays are MY day on the Feather. For the past three weeks, even when conditions weren't the best, some of the best fishing came to be. And today was no exception.

Three weeks ago I guided Andy Murray from Hardy Reels to his first striper on a fly weighing in at a touch over 20lbs.

Last week I took two new flyfishers out after trying a rod on our casting pond at the Fly Fair. They wanted to book their first trip for stripers right then and there. So be it, and last Tuesday they landed seven beautiful fish.

And today, being Tuesday again turned out to be another very successful day for Denny Griffen from San Jose.

Denny and I met up at Johnson's at the usual 5:00 AM get-together. We're on the water by 5:30 and fish are rising everywhere around us chasing bait to the surface. After a few small shakers to get the lines stretched out we move and head up the Yuba trying to find some deeper water.

Almost like clockwork I tell Denny where to cast, count down and let it sink, then STRIP-STRIP-STRIP, and bingo :P FISH ON ! This is another big one and stays down just like Andy Murray's from the week before.

After lots of playing on the 10w. he finaly shows. Into the net and lots of high fives and congratualtions to Denny's first BIG striper on the fly,,,,,a 15 lb. male.

So, even with the river levels going all over the place, some water is clear, some is still murky. The water temps have come up and these stripers want to spawn or have already, and good bunch of them will start heading down stream soon. But, there are still a bunch of them in the rivers everywhere and they'll be around all summer.

I really don't think it matters much if it's Tuesday. Just get out there and go get 'um.
TONY
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/buzolich/AndyMurray02email.jpg