PDA

View Full Version : Crappie recipes?

cehm
05-26-2006, 02:22 PM
My Dad is down in California visiting and just nailed things on Lake Britton the last two days. My culinary challenge tonight is to prepare the crappie. Other than a Southern fish fry, any recommendations? Tough to follow last night's fresh wild salmon that I caught myself.

I know my way around a kitchen, but zero experience with small fish. That's why I'm always catch and release on trout.

Help!

NCS
05-26-2006, 04:03 PM
I just had some the other day that were tasty. We used krusteaz bake and fry coating mix and pan fried the fillets. They were very mild so any of the standard baked/grilled recipes for white fish will work...

Charlie Gonzales
05-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Almost any flaky white fish can be paired with either a buerr blanc(butter, white wine, witha touch of lemon) or brown butter with capers or almonds. then serve with some garlic mashers or rice pilaf, some sauvingon blanc or pinot grigio and enjoy

cehm
05-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Thanks guys. Ended up pan fried in a bit of olive oil with some Paul Prudomes blacken fish magic. Paired with rice pilaf and a spinach salad, washed down with some Fat Tire Summer Ale.