PDA

View Full Version : Trout streams this summer?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-24-2006, 11:21 AM
I would say that mid-June to mid-July will be the prime time for the mid-elevation Blue Ribbon trout streams this year.

October will be the other time period.

Let me know if you need any help planning a good trip for a 3 day weekend or a week long trip to a good destination.

I prefer the Upper Sac, McCloud and Pit River for the best California has to offer for large wild trout in a stream.

The North Fork of the Yuba River near Downieville and the Truckee River will be good in July this summer. They start a little later than some.

Email me if you need any help with finding a good fly fishing guide for one of these rivers. We recommend the best guides but take now commission from them. We merely expect them to provide service to our customers. Most top guides can give you the best information about accommodations and dinning in their areas. Then can recommend the best tackle and flies as well. We pick the top guides from good feedback for years from our customers.

Get started now.

J.R. Hubbard
05-25-2006, 08:45 AM
I have a cabin on the N Fork of the Yuba, just past Downieville. The years we get this late run off translate to GREAT summer and fall fishing! Usually the water is so low and gin clear that it can be tough. This should make it slightly easier to sneak up on em!

Try the newer TXL rods from Sage up there, they were made for fishing like this!