PDA

View Full Version : IceHouse / Union Resvoir / Loon Lake / Wright Lake

Ueyama
05-23-2006, 10:31 PM
I am going camping this Memorial Day Weekend to Icehouse / Union Resvoir / Loon Lake/ Wright Lake area and was wondering if anyone has suggestions which creeks to fish. This is my first time to the area and do not know what to expect. Also any suggestions with flies would help. Thanks a million. PS> I do not have 4wd.

robdog
05-24-2006, 05:45 AM
Be prepared for many people. I tried to fish Ice House on Mother's day from a float tube. Early in the morning was kewl, but there were many boats going fast, then as the day warmed up, fools started playing w/ their Jet skis. You might want to try Wright's Lake. I believe it's more a bit out of the way.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-24-2006, 09:08 AM
You can fish the areas right where the streams flow into the lakes now.

Lots of hungry trout hang around those areas in the early season.

Try anything olive/green on a clear slow sinking lines.

bolden
05-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Wrights lake is not accessible right now.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/conditions/roads/

Charlie Gonzales
05-24-2006, 05:32 PM
if you want to get away from some of the crowds up there and are up for a hike you can drop down to the silver fork(or is it silver creek?) below Pevine Ridge. it used to hold a lot of dinks. i'm sure gerle creek will be crowded but the aqua duct/canal that feeds out used to hold fish that were quite spooky. and if you can get down yellow jacket( the forebay not the campground) it should be productive. it has been many years since i have been to some of these spots so good luck.