PDA

View Full Version : Viento Norte

Jay Murakoshi
05-23-2006, 01:44 PM
The north winds continued today but harder than yesterday. We stood around on the beach for an hour this morning before we launched. It died down alittle so we decided to try it.
Saw some big roosters along the beach but refused the fly. Others ventured to Muertos Bay and found the roosters had disappeared. Yesterday they were thick. The winds are playing havoc.
I would say it was blowing at a minimum of 35mph. Real easy to cast a fly :( . The beach landing was like an "E" ticket ride at Disneyland. 4' shorebreak ride and then the slide.

One more day with this group and they're out of here. The next group comes in on Friday. Hopefully I have something to report other than the wind.

Jay

jbird
05-23-2006, 03:15 PM
Jay

We are in the grips of a cool windy pattern up here. I bet its responsible for your north winds. Its supposed to continue thru the week :(

Jay

Jay Murakoshi
05-24-2006, 03:18 PM
They were saying that the front that just came through brought some heavy rains to the LA area. The winds laid down today but it was tough fishing.
I landed a 25lb rooster with a TFO X 9' 8wt. A good way to end the week.
A new group on Friday

Jay

jbird
05-24-2006, 04:21 PM
Jay

Wow! That mustve been fun! What flyline do you like for roosters from a panga and what line do you like for for general purpose down there?(if different)

J

Jay Murakoshi
05-25-2006, 07:55 AM
Jay,

I use 30' of LC 13 and a 5' section of 20# to the fly. A pretty simple setup
Most fish I have caught has been on the white knight sea habit or a brown and white hollow fly.

Jay