PDA

View Full Version : Lower Yuba Access quesstion

jfkowalski
05-20-2006, 08:58 PM
Last year we were able to launch pontoon boats off of Hallwood Blvd in the Hallwood area. However we had to drive a shor t distance over private property. I understand this is now closed. Is there any other access? The flyfishnorcal map of the Lower Yuba indicates that there is access off of Walnudt Ave. Does nayone know the details of this area?

Thanks

Darian
05-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Access off of Walnut Avenue used to be at the end of Walnut Avenue thru Tiechert's gate on Walnut. Parking was/is the problem there. The owners of the adjacent properties objected to anyone parking on Walnut and parking was prohibited.

An option, also off Walnut, was thru a cherry orchard on a gated, dirt road thru unposted, private property until last year when the owner placed it off limits. :( :( I used to gain access thru there by visiting the grower and buying a crate of cherries.... Now the owner is either hiding or never home. I've been unable to contact him for permission, lately. :? :?

I've been trying to locate an access point thru the Goldfields on BLM property without much success below DaGuerre Point Dam. 8) 8) 8)

Good luck finding access there.... :? :? :?

jfkowalski
05-21-2006, 06:16 AM
Thanks Darian. Can you still enter through Teicherts gate if you get your car driven away? Can you get close enough to the water to launch a pontoon boat?
When I was on the bar off Hallwood blvd, I was impressed with the number of car tracks that appeared fresh. Someone is spending a lot of time on the river with a car.

Thanks again, but since I am sitting in Nevada, it is hard for me to try to find accesss.